Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before we start seeing this forum descend into a pit of Talisman sledging, I would like to suggest it might be more prudent to wait until there is more information available about the game, so a better formed and substantiated opinion may be ventured.

Yes, I know there are physical similarities in the board, but the gameplay seems, at first glance to be geared slightly differently. It appears that 'Missions' are the focus rather than just getting to the centre of the board.

Ok, so now you're saying that's just like having the Warlock's Quests driving the game. We still don't know for sure, and unless you got to play the prototype, you'll probably be as much in the dark as the rest of us.

Talisman is what it is, it's a roll and move, luck of the dice roll, trash table talking, beer and chips game. If that's not your cup of tea, then chances are you'll possibly not like Relic. If adding a 40k theme to that engine rings your bell (I know it does mine *Ding Ding* ) then stick around, this could be a fun ride.

But please, don't just post hate for trolling value. It's old already and the game is months away.

Thanks...cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrat wrote:

But please, don't just post hate for trolling value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Fernandez
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It Shall be a roll and move game, get over it and go to harvest some vegetables yuk

there are several genres and people that likes them, is like i go to hand management games and complain about the use of cards... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Dunkley
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrat wrote:

Talisman is what it is, it's a roll and move, luck of the dice roll, trash table talking, beer and chips game. If that's not your cup of tea, then chances are you'll possibly not like Relic. If adding a 40k theme to that engine rings your bell (I know it does mine *Ding Ding* ) then stick around, this could be a fun :

It gets a big RING A DING DING!!!!! From me to, I simply cannot wait to play this game. I am confident the game will create an emersive story for my character, the same way Talisman does.
The artwork I have seen so far looks great to.

Happy days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is absolutely at the top of my most wanted games list currently. I already told my wife...if this comes out before Christmas...I want it. If it doesn't...give me an IOU for Christmas to get this game!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
ya gotta bunny/duck it in your head
badge
"I looked at my hands, I understood that one fine day, one fine evening to be precise, they would no longer be hands but some other awful thing." —Jack Kerouac
mbmbmbmbmb
Talisman is fantastic. People who are incapable of enjoying it have something dead inside them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:
Talisman is fantastic. People who are incapable of enjoying it have something dead inside them.

I couldn't have said it better...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sanderlin
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wasn't really interested in Talisman before, but now that it has added Warhammer 40K flavoring, it really makes my Taco pop!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.