Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
176 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 

Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Blood and Fog rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damo the fool
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Once more you brave the dangers of Castle Ravenloft, hoping that this time you find and destroy the dreaded Strahd. As soon as you step off the stairs, however, great stones slide into the passage, blocking any hope of escape. A voice echoes from the darkness around you: "You have interfered with my plans for the last time, foolish ones. Now this dungeon will be your tomb!" As the voice fades, a thick mist begins to rise. You must find another way out!



Starting this adventure soon, so far we have two players and only the cleric chosen. If you are interested in joining in just post with your preferred character.

Note you must own a copy of the game to play in the forum version.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo the fool
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
1) Dice Rolls : Whenever you need to roll, do it using the BGG Die Roller (there's a button at the top right corner labelled "Roll" which will allow you to pick a D20 and simply roll it). When you do roll, add the roll then save the post, then edit if you need to enter "reactions" (such as rerolls or flavour text, etc). Here's an example roll:

Attack +7 vs AC 14: 1d20 = (16) = 16 + 7 = 23 HIT!

saving... and editing..

(QuickQuote to see the "syntax").

2) Movement: Consider every tile to be numbered by Row.Column, starting on the "top" left corner. Whenever you need to move to a specific space, or move a monster, tell me which tile, then space you are moving to (i.e. "Next tile, space 3.2"). See the first map post as an example

3) Encounter and Villain Phase: I will do everyone's encounter and villain phases, as much as possible, but will allow you to pick any "choices" (for example, if two heroes are equal distance from a monster, you will need to pick which hero the monster attacks. When a monster moves, you will need to pick the space the monster moves to).

4) Orders In bold: Whenever you are giving your hero an "order", please bold it so it's apparent to me that I am moving it properly.

5) Starting Location: Here is the map, with the allowable spaces numbered. Pick a place for your Hero to start.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 163546. hupthefool
  • 1d20 =
  • (16) =
  • 16
  • Thu Aug 2, 2012 1:31 pm
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, I'll play Kat (my daughter's knickname).

-shnar
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play the ranger.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo the fool
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cool so far we have Shnar playing Kat and Mike playing Thorgrim.

Start choosing powers and starting locations.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you'll have me, I'll be the squishy... Immeril... BAM!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kat's powers:
- At-Will Power: Backstab
- At-Will Power: Deft Strike
- Utility Power: Sneak Attack
- Utility Power: Stealth
- Daily Power: Deep Cut

I figure with five heroes, we should have plenty of ranged folk so Kat will stick with her two melee At-Wills, and bring in that Deep Cut if we decide to turn and fight the zombie dragon.

-shnar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike oldham
United States
lake station
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cleric Power's
At-will:Healing Strike
At-will:Lance of Faith
Utility:Healing Word
Utility:Shield of Faith
Daily:Beacon of Hope

Hopefully I won't need all of this lol. I'll start on 1.2
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, and start Kat on 1.4

-shnar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh sure.. leave all the distance stuff to the wizard.. well... if you really don't want Immeril slugging it out on the front lines ...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizard's Powers

At-will:Magic Missle
At-will:Thunderwave
Utility:Illusionary Crowd
Utility:Fey Step
Daily:Fireball

I'll start on 1.3
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike oldham
United States
lake station
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nice hopefully some one gets the dragonborn we need him on the frontlines lol
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thorgrim, I thought all we needed was your god. Rest easy, my friend. The arcane arts paired with your healing abilities and Kat's claws will be enough to escape from this hell hole... though, I wouldn't mind to see that another ally or two are standing to either side of the stairs here.

... I dare not shout... let's see if they poke their heads out to assure us that they made it through the passageway and off of the steps.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo the fool
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb

Hero | HP | AC | Treasures | Monsters
---------|-----|----|-----------------------|--------------------
Thorgrim | 8/8 | 16 | Scroll of Teleport |
Kat | 8/8 | 14 | Magic sword |
Immeril | 6/6 | 14 | Pot. of Rejuvenation |




 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo the fool
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Welcome Dave

Glad you can join us.

We can start with three, which means anyone else has until immeril finishes his turn to join in.

So Thorgrim - you are up.

Please keep an eye out for errors, this is my first time running one and I am bound to make a few.

Once more you brave the dangers of Castle Ravenloft, hoping that this time you find and destroy the dreaded Strahd. As soon as you step off the stairs, however, great stones slide into the passage, blocking any hope of escape. A voice echoes from the darkness around you: "You have interfered with my plans for the last time, foolish ones. Now this dungeon will be your tomb!" As the voice fades, a thick mist begins to rise. You must find another way out!


Remember you will find the rotting Nook before finding the Secret Stair out, but your goal is to escape.

Good luck!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike oldham
United States
lake station
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Move north to 1.2 and explore.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo the fool
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thorgrim boldly advances into the dungeons, peering ahead he notices a rat. Then another, and another... pouring out of the walls rats swarm past him. Biting and scratching as they go...

Corridor tile with white triangle - so no encounter drawn.


Rat swarm bites 1d20 = (11) = 11+7 = 18! hitting Thorgrim for 1 point!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 163847. hupthefool
  • 1d20 =
  • (11) =
  • 11
  • Fri Aug 3, 2012 9:39 am
Damo the fool
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Blood and Fog
Next up Kat




Hero | HP | AC | Treasures | Monsters
---------|-----|----|-----------------------|--------------------
Thorgrim | 7/8 | 16 | Scroll of Teleport | Rat Swarm
Kat | 8/8 | 14 | Magic sword |
Allisa | 8/8 | 15 | Boots of Striding |
Immeril | 6/6 | 14 | Pot. of Rejuvenation |


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo the fool
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
SlebRittie wrote:
I'll play the ranger.


Sorry only just saw this, choose powers and starting spot I'll add you to the map.

Welcome, if a little late on my part

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kat will move to square 1.1 adjacent to the Rats and Thorgrim and attack the Rat:

Backstab The Rats: 1d20 = (9) = 9 + 7 + 1 = 17 vs 12AC = 2 damage. Some seriously dead rats.

Explore West please.

-shnar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 164058. shnar
  • 1d20 =
  • (9) =
  • 9
  • Backstab The Rats:
  • Fri Aug 3, 2012 5:28 pm
Damo the fool
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kat rushes to Thorgrim's aid, slashing rats as she comes. When the last rat dies, she get brief glimpse of the future... seeing rising mists, strange eerie music and yet more mists...

Treasure is Glimpse of the Future: Choose the order of the top three encounter cards:



Shnar let me know what order you want the encounters in.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo the fool
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
A straight corridor to the west, and a flickering flame in the darkness... the flame grows and soon outlines a figure - the skeleton raises its bony claws and shoots flames at both Kat and Thorgrim!



Ball of Fire vs Kat 1d20 = (6) = 6 + 7 = 13 Kat nimbly dodges but still is scorched by the flames for 1 point.
Ball of Fire vs Thorgrim 1d20 = (14) = 14 + 7 = 21 Thorgrim is burnt by the flames for 2 points.

White triangle so no encounter ... yet
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 164082. hupthefool
  • 1d20 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Fri Aug 3, 2012 6:07 pm
  • [+]
  • 164083. hupthefool
  • 1d20 =
  • (14) =
  • 14
  • Fri Aug 3, 2012 6:07 pm
Damo the fool
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Next up Allisa




Hero | HP | AC | Treasures | Monsters
---------|-----|----|-----------------------|--------------------
Thorgrim | 5/8 | 16 | Scroll of Teleport |
Kat | 7/8 | 14 | Magic sword | Blazing Skeleton
Allisa | 8/8 | 15 | Boots of Striding |
Immeril | 6/6 | 14 | Pot. of Rejuvenation |


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided I would try randomizing my powers for this game: Hit and Run, Hunter's Shot, Unbalancing Parry, Attacks on the Run

I'll move to the square to the east of the Skeleton and use Hit and Run

1d20 = (15) = 15
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 164137. SlebRittie
  • 1d20 =
  • (15) =
  • 15
  • Fri Aug 3, 2012 8:16 pm
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And with that kill, I'll hop over to the southeast corner of the tile I'm on and explore west. Assuming the treasure doesn't change my play of course.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.