Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother and his family recently visited Dallas and ended up going to see The Dark Knight Rises.

Not so far into the movie, some guy gets up and heads to the exit door, opens it, uses some object to prop the door open, and leaves.

Well, naturally, because of the recent horrible events in Aurora, CO, everyone in the theater got silent immediately.

Until another guy got up, walked quickly to the exit door, removed the object and let the door slam shut.

My brother said the whole crowd applauded. Then everyone got back to watching the movie, which he said was very enjoyable.

Who in their right mind would have thought this was a funny prank?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What theater was that at? Curious to know so I don't go to that one when I go to see it finally

Also, one thing that has been getting to me, why are none of these emergency doors set up to set off a door alarm once opened? When I worked at Dave and Busters, all of those emergency doors made noise as soon as they were opened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Probably just some insensitive jerk who wanted to go get something out of his car and didn't care about freaking everybody out in the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Djcheddar wrote:
What theater was that at? Curious to know so I don't go to that one when I go to see it finally

Also, one thing that has been getting to me, why are none of these emergency doors set up to set off a door alarm once opened? When I worked at Dave and Busters, all of those emergency doors made noise as soon as they were opened.

I just spoke to my brother. He said he misspoke when he said the theater was in Dallas. Actually they did visit Dallas, but the theater was the Cinemark that's near the Cabela's Sports store north of Ft. Worth.

It surely didn't help matters that the theater was also a Cinemark theater, like the one in CO.

Thank God nothing happened...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Djcheddar wrote:
Also, one thing that has been getting to me, why are none of these emergency doors set up to set off a door alarm once opened?
Technically they aren't usually "emergency doors," they're just the back/side doors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:
Also, one thing that has been getting to me, why are none of these emergency doors set up to set off a door alarm once opened?
Technically they aren't usually "emergency doors," they're just the back/side doors.

Yeah that's right.. Now I recall them actually being used as exits after the movie is over.

Hmm, maybe they should just make em into emergency exits from now on

I have also heard from a friend who used to work with AMC that there are cameras in every theater to catch movie jumpers (and sexual acts!). Hopefully they will up the on site security watching the videos closer from now on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.