Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ake arnouts
Belgium
gent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are going to visit budapest for the first time, unfortunatly we will probably not have time to play boardgames with such good weather

What I wanted to ask:

1) Anything in the city we really need to check out which is not stated in every tourist book?

2) A place were some good deals on games can be made? Secondhand or new does not matter, small addiction (haven´t we all?)

cheers
ake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Pipersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
astcfx wrote:
We are going to visit budapest for the first time, unfortunatly we will probably not have time to play boardgames with such good weather

What I wanted to ask:

1) Anything in the city we really need to check out which is not stated in every tourist book?

2) A place were some good deals on games can be made? Secondhand or new does not matter, small addiction (haven´t we all?)

cheers
ake

Can you pack me in one of your bags and take me along?

Lucky you! Enjoy!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg CZ
Hungary
BUDAPEST
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which dates will you be here?

The Sziget festival will start this weekend from 6-13 August
http://www.sziget.hu/festival_english

There are some tips about game shops and places in this thread too:

Coming to Budapest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was there in January and loved it.

Don't miss the fabulous Book Cafe on Andrássy út 39. A restored ballroom is just the perfect place to watch the world go by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg CZ
Hungary
BUDAPEST
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hsquid wrote:
I was there in January and loved it.

Don't miss the fabulous Book Cafe on Andrássy út 39. A restored ballroom is just the perfect place to watch the world go by.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ake arnouts
Belgium
gent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gergely!

I totaly forgot you are from Hungary!

I will not be visiting the festival because we are almost out of money and kinda need a relaxing vacation away from work. We thought of goin one day but our favs being goran bregovic and emir custurica are on sunday. One day would also be a bit short, we are thinking of going there once for the entire week .

thanks for the tips! will visit that nice looking café!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also find some interesting infos and some suggestions at this geeklist: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/44461/i-am-magyar

If you are 3, 4 or 5 (2 is also possible but then it's harder), you can also try http://parapark.hu/index.php?page=home&lang_id=eng which is located in a ruin pub and is a one-hour "game": escape from the cellar in one hour (nothing horroristic, it's more about logical puzzles to open locks and so on). If you like it, try to contact them for details asap as you need to reserve a time slot for the game. Edit: I don't know when you come but it seems they are full for the next two weeks.

You may also like to visit one or more FLGs: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=207068075433744807240.0...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winterbourne
United Kingdom
Castleford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
just thought i would add my own picture of the book cafe whilst visiting budapest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.