Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like printing out and assembling tuckboxes. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good solutions for storing the mini cards that are in many games, about half the size of standard cards. So far, the best I've found are small baggies, but that can get unwieldy if the decks are large or there's a large number of the cards. Hugo's Amazing Tape is another option, but doesn't work well if there's a lot of room for the cards to move around in (e.g. if there's no insert, or a very minimal insert).

I'd like something readily available, of appropriate size, and rigid in construction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
It will depend on the actual size of the cards, but I have used plastic boxes described as "Business Card Boxes".

I don't know if they ship to the US, or if there is a source of them from a US supplier, but I use the ones from www.westonboxes.com, who are a UK company (I found them through the UK amazon site - but I couldn't see them on the US site). In theory they should be big enough to hold unsleeved Euro sized cards, but in practice they are a bit tight for those because the boxes have a tendency for the sides to bow in at the middle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Webb
United States
Verona
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Let's Go Pens!
badge
One more win...Beat the Sharks!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are referring to the Ticket to Ride or Battlestar Galactica sized mini cards, I have found they fit in laying down instead of standing up in many commercially sold deck boxes.

I discovered this when I recently got both BSG expansions and had cards galore. I bought several deck boxes to get a handle on all full sized cards and noticed that the mini cards were about the same size as the bottom of the card boxes. I laid them in the box, and it was a perfect fit to house the skill cards and destination cards in one box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know they made business card boxes. I'll have to look into that... Still not perfect, but probably sufficient.

I did know about putting them in normal deck boxes, but unless you've got a ton of the mini cards, there's going to be a lot of extra space in there and the cards will get all jumbled...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
I use small storage boxes with snap on lids (like Tupperware, but cheap ones). Sometimes I add a small piece of foamcore to occupy extra space in the container.

(I sleeve cards; consequently they never fit the box inserts.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.