Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so I'm playing the solo game and I've come across this problem.

The rules state that once a villian recovers an artifact, the artifact and adventure card is discarded.

If you raid a base, you can steal an artifact.

How is this possible if you discard the artifact?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walth
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
The Mountain That Drums
mbmbmbmbmb
You actually put the artifact next to the villain card so when you raid the base you can choose the artifact you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rule the OP is referring to applies to when a Villain recovers a temple artifact. In that case, the temple piece is kept next to the Villain's card, but the artifact and and adventure cards are discarded. When you raid a base, you can steal the temple piece, which is worth 3/4 Fortune when sold.

Aaron is correct in that all non-temple artifact/adventure cards recovered by Villains are kept by their Villain card. This is also important for applying the effects of Villain Event cards that refer to the symbols on the artifact/adventure cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Else
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Myoman wrote:
Ok so I'm playing the solo game and I've come across this problem.

The rules state that once a villian recovers an artifact, the artifact and adventure card is discarded.

If you raid a base, you can steal an artifact.

How is this possible if you discard the artifact?

I thought the same exact thing after reading those two parts of the rulebook for villains! It took me a few re-reads before I realized the [correct] way of thinking that Matt (mvettemagred, above) points out.

It's worded weirdly - probably because it's a new paragraph so it seems like it's talking about a new subject - until you realize that it's STILL (and ONLY) talking about the end of a temple artifact adventure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.