Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just curious if anyone has tried using zombie dice combined with other games? Like Zombies!!!, Dice of the Living Dead, or Zombie in my pocket for example.

Or maybe even use them with other dice games like Elder Sign or Cthulhu Dice.

Just curious. Been thinking about if I can use them with Zombies!!! to make a solo variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about combining Zombie dice with Martian Dice, but can't figure out any rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SJack wrote:
I've been thinking about combining Zombie dice with Martian Dice, but can't figure out any rules

A combat dueling game maybe? Martians vs zombies sounds kinda fun and silly.

I was considering picking up the Catan dice game to see if I could figure out a way to mix it with Zombie Dice. Something along the lines of gathering your resources to build the settlements and villages, but also defend them against zombie attacks. I don't actually own Catan dice game though so not sure how it would play out. Not yet at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maybe even combined with this? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/126213/when-zombies-a...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Libby
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this a while ago. Haven't tried it yet, as I haven't bought any Fluxx Blanxx...
I had both games in my house. Seemed like they should go together.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/801015/zombie-fluxxzombi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Roy
msg tools
It's been a while since the last post in this thread, but in case someone is still interested, I am working on merging Zombie Dice AND Zombie Dice 2 with my Humans !!! board game.

I know it's not Zombies !!! but once I'm done with the rules, it may not be too hard to port them over. I'll post them here when I'm done, maybe next week. I need to playtest it some more before.

All I can say for the moment is that these dice becomes the "capture dice", and they tell you if your human victim is running away, shooting at you or getting captured.

As for the solo playing of Zombies !!!, I guess you don't need special rules for that. You could just assume the role of every shotgun guys and try to screw yourself over with one another.

It's perfect if you wanna play an endless game with all the expansions and cannot find anyone patient enough to try it out with you. You can leave it up (unless you have cats) and continue this endless game whenever you have the time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin S-D
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I once started on a combination of Zombie Dice and Unexploded Cow. Early playtesting indicated it wasn't too much of a hit, and I moved on to other things, but you find find the basics here:

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=74123

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Bragg
msg tools
I've been playing a combination of Zombie Dice and Zombies!!!
First, you segregate only 7 zombie dice, 3 red, 3 yellow, and 1 green.
As you all know, red zombie dice have more "blasts" and green have more "brains". In this contest, blasts count as damage to the zombie, while brains count as damage to you.

The way this amalgamation works is exhaustion, as in, the longer the fight goes on, the more tired you get, the more likely you are to wear out and get hurt or die. So you roll in this way: RED (more blasts, more chance to win, more energy on your account) then YELLOW (less chance to win, getting tired, might roll more brains), then GREEN (getting tired, might lose, wish you had done something different).

Of course, as in Zombie Dice, the first to 3 wins.

So you start with the three 3 red dice. Roll them. Any Brains count against you and get put aside, and any Blasts count against the zombie and get put aside. Any foot prints count as a dodge and are rerolled.

You shall reroll 3 dice exactly, including previously rolled foot prints, and including the next level of exhaustion.

For an example, you roll 1 blast, 1 brain, and 1 runner, all in red. You then grab two yellow dice to fill your hand up to three. Roll these dice. You're now becoming tired because of a drawn out wrestle with the undead, and as such, are more likely to roll a brain due to the yellow dice. Your remaining red lands on a blast, and 1 yellow lands on a brain, and another on a runner.

Now, with 2 blasts and 2 brains, your barely seeing straight as the unforgiving hunger of the undead incessantly claws for your flesh. You must now refill your roll stock, and fill your hand with the remaining yellow, and the last die, a green. You know now you have one last chance, as your vision narrows and all starts to turn dark. You remember your mothers Sheppard's Pie. You never did learn the recipe.

As you roll the dice and watch them tumble, one settles on a dodge...and the next, thankfully, another swift dodge as the zombie trips over its own blown out foot. The last die, remarkably the green, lands on a blast.
You push the zombie off you long enough to swing around your fire arm, pull the trigger, and blow that damned monster to the depths of hell where it belongs.

...!

So in this scenario, it was first to three blasts that landed the player character the victor. In another scenario, we land on three brains and the character looses a heart. Thus, the rules for hearts continue as in the vanilla game of Zombies!!!

Bullet tokens can be played to turn a "foot print" dice to a blast, (and 2 bullets can turn 2 dice to a blast), BUT ONLY until 3 brains have been landed on, then a heart token must be removed and rolling starts again with 3 red die if the player has remaining heart tokens.

Another scenario consists of the last roll resulting in 3 brains and 3 shot gun blasts simultaneously. In this scenario, we must imagine the character being absolutely determined to taste their mother's sheppards pie one last time, an unnerving will to live, but unfortunately becoming victim to an encumbering injury such as a broken hand or a sprained ankle. Therefor, the zombie is destroyed and removed to the players victory pile, but the player also removes a heart token.

This combination of games lengthens battles, but, I feel, also enriches individual battles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Mars Attacks: The Dice Game is sort of a Super Zombie Dice. Something similar to the Zombie Dice core mechanic is driving the alien invasion. Looks like a lot of fun, actually. PYL is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s34IGsJ6D8I

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In disguise.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played it, but someone made a Zombie Dice + Cthulhu Dice variant. http://littlemetaldog.com/2010/11/06/zombies-vs-cultists-a-l...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boss Beau Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use my copies of Zombie Dice with Wiz-War (eighth edition).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dunaway
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brewtal_Legend wrote:
Just curious if anyone has tried using zombie dice combined with other games? Like Zombies!!!, Dice of the Living Dead, or Zombie in my pocket for example.

Or maybe even use them with other dice games like Elder Sign or Cthulhu Dice.

Just curious. Been thinking about if I can use them with Zombies!!! to make a solo variant.

I came up with this mashup of Zombie Dice and Cthulhu dice back in November of last year:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/125026/zomb-thulhu-dice-v...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.