Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Wai-kit FUNG
Hong Kong
Mongkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Combat Medic: You only need 2 differernt colored SKULL in your Final Tally to gain a "Dead Man's Gift" RWB.

Q1: I guess there is no limit on the number of uses per phase. In other words, if I have 4 skulls in my Final Tally, can I score two Dead Man's Gifts this way?

Q2: Normal Dead Man's Gift ignores the negative effect of Skull results from the RWB. Is it also true that Combat Medic cancels the negative results from the two Skulls?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
Q1: I believe you are correct. Any two skulls can trigger a RWB (for practical purposes, I assume that the skulls must be of different colors, but the rules are not explicit in this regard), and since the badge is a permanent effect, it should logically trigger whenever it is applicable, even multiple times within a single roll.

Q2: Yes, the negative effect would be cancelled. That is a function of the RWB bonus, and since you earn the RWB, you get all of the perks.

[Edit: Typo]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
thegreybetween wrote:
Q1: I believe you are correct. Any two skulls can trigger a RWB (for practical purposes, I assume that the skulls must be of different colors, but the rules are not explicit in this regard), and since the badge is a permanent effect, it should logically trigger whenever it is applicable, even multiple times within a single roll.

Yes, the 2 remaining skulls must be of a different color. Ir is not allowing you to get a RR or a WW. Just to no need 1 of the 3 colors.

You could theoretically get 3 Dead Man's Gifts - a RW, a WB, and a BR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Card sleeves? We don't need no stinkin' card sleeves!
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Concerning the CMB... This badge wasn't created until 1945... just saying. Nevertheless, this is a great game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Sweeney
United States
ABQ
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can use it more than once, why have the officer badge?

I would think each can only be used once, the officer allows a second time if you have another pair.

Or do you read it as the officer doubles all?

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Wai-kit FUNG
Hong Kong
Mongkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Officer Badge makes a second copy rather.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Leacockzoo wrote:
Concerning the CMB... This badge wasn't created until 1945... just saying. Nevertheless, this is a great game

I am well aware of that. But sometimes, you need to cheat just a little bit: there was no badge equivalent in 1944, and I needed something cool and nice looking...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
thegreybetween wrote:

Yes, the 2 remaining skulls must be of a different color. Ir is not allowing you to get a RR or a WW. Just to no need 1 of the 3 colors.

Or RW + RW + BB with thw corporal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Davis
United States
Kennedale
Texas
flag msg tools
Here we go...
badge
Here we go...
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
thegreybetween wrote:

Hi. I had the same question when playing and the answer in this other thread contradicts the answer here. Can anyone clarify? I would guess that the other thread is correct because we played once only needing two dice for the bonus and it was too powerful.

Thanks,
Ron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Those comments are 5 years old and I don't recall the rationale at the time for stating what I did above. E is going to have to weigh in on it for final authority after all this time.

My gut tells me the other thread is correct. A RWB is always a set of 3 dice. These cards should still require a set of 3 but in only 2 colors.

As an example of only needing 2 dice to form an RWB look at Purple Flare from the Flare Pouch pack as an example that clearly states (and depicts in icons) that the RWB standard rule is being broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Those comments are 5 years old and I don't recall the rationale at the time for stating what I did above. E is going to have to weigh in on it for final authority after all this time.

My gut tells me the other thread is correct. A RWB is always a set of 3 dice. These cards should still require a set of 3 but in only 2 colors.

As an example of only needing 2 dice to form an RWB look at Purple Flare from the Flare Pouch pack as an example that clearly states (and depicts in icons) that the RWB standard rule is being broken.

With apologies to Brian's gut, you need 2 dice, of 2 different colors, to gain the associated RWB bonus, which would normally require 3 dice. So yeah, Badges work like the Purple Flare.

In 2nd Edition (Badges will be included in Atlantikwall), there will be 2 ways to play them: the 1st Ed way (they have a permanent effect) and the 2nd Ed way (they are 1-use only, but can be regained later on).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Davis
United States
Kennedale
Texas
flag msg tools
Here we go...
badge
Here we go...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.