Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Nip
Hong Kong
Taipo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play a "Dive Bombing" at the start of my impulse. "Dive Bombing" allows the German player to take another action (movement or fire) on top of the bombing.

If the Soviet player counters my card by "Anti-aircraft Guns". My impulse ends immediately because it's clearly stated on the card. It's simple.

But what if the Soviet player counters my card by "Sniper"? Do my impulse end immediately? Can I still perform another action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ellis
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on what the card you play says. If it says that you play it as an action, then the sniper card ends your action. If the card says 'as part of an action', then the sniper card only cancels the effect of your card (this is from memory, since I don't have the rules with me atm).

Remember though that you can also play a sniper card if you have one, which triggers a 'sniper duel' and may result in you negating the effect of the enemy sniper card, thus allowing your original action to take place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
free_planet wrote:
I play a "Dive Bombing" at the start of my impulse. "Dive Bombing" allows the German player to take another action (movement or fire) on top of the bombing.

If the Soviet player counters my card by "Anti-aircraft Guns". My impulse ends immediately because it's clearly stated on the card. It's simple.

But what if the Soviet player counters my card by "Sniper"? Do my impulse end immediately? Can I still perform another action?

I [think] it just cancels the Dive Bomber .
Because of this answer ..

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/3371203#3371203

The Dive Bombing is part of an impulse, and not the entire impulse for the German player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Nip
Hong Kong
Taipo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, if the card I play is "Level Bombing" instead, does it mean that "Sniper" would also end my impulse immediately? Am I correct? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ellis
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are correct. The sniper card would negate the bomber card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
free_planet wrote:
So, if the card I play is "Level Bombing" instead, does it mean that "Sniper" would also end my impulse immediately? Am I correct? Thanks.

Yes.
There is 'basically' one action per impulse you can do.

And as I see it there's four 'classes' of cards:
See 5.2

1. 'For/as your action' cards ..
2. Cards that 'enhance an action', some are cumulative
3. some 'defensive' , some are cumulative
4. Sniper - used to negate one card.
( so could be played on the action card )
[ therefor the impulse is over ]
But ,,, If a bomber & then a pioneer card were played, and then the Russ waited to play the sniper after the Pioneer card , It only cancels the one pioneer card.

Two cards would be used out of the Germ's hand ! .. But .. the Germ would still get the bomber action that impulse _ a trade off in tactics.

So does the defender immediately play the Sniper on the 'action' card, wait for a 'enhance' card or hold for another impulse ?

Thats how I call it, may not be the intent of the GD.laugh

Makes for fun/exciting split second decisions

Cards are one of the things I like about these A.I.M. _Area Impulse Movement games.

Adds the exceptions /spice to the rules of the games.

H
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.