Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have copies been sent to Kickstarter supporters yet? I'm a supporter, and the game store where I work received a retail copy while I have yet to receive my own, which is a little soblue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
This was covered in the recent Kickstarter update. Backer copies are being packaged and handled by hand while the distributor has already started sending out commercial orders.

The designer has apologized for the delay, and it sounds like it is only him and a couple other people packing the thousands of games for backers. To add to the delay, the melon seed bonus didn't arrive until July 27.

My guess is the distributor was given a date to start shipping and the melon seeds wound up coming in later than they had expected, delaying kickstarter shipments and not effecting distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TwentySides wrote:
Have copies been sent to Kickstarter supporters yet? I'm a supporter, and the game store where I work received a retail copy while I have yet to receive my own, which is a little soblue.

Hi Jake --

I'm the designer of Farmageddon. I'm just going to give you the quick answer. Phil (the publisher) might chime in, but as he's busy packing stuff I'll try to help out.

Basically, there are approx. 1500 copies going out to 1200+ backers around the world. Phil has to make sure copies are signed by me, they come with the seeds, people get the proper number of copies, they get the other games if possible...things like this.

Meanwhile, a distributor put in an order, which is a really exciting thing and a big deal. It means the game might succeed beyond Kickstarter, which is huge! Phil's hope was that it would take time for those games to get out and they wouldn't be up until about the same time KS backers received their games. Unfortunately, the distributors were very very quick and this isn't the case.

Long story short, this isn't how we wanted it to happen. But, what's done is done and Phil is working like a demon to fix it. You'll still get the game, which looks and feels amazing. It's a lot of fun to play and is exactly the game we promised. The FrankenCrops are great and in the very near future you'll get the expansion (whereas others will have to pay).

So, on behalf of me and Phil, we're sorry. In the end, though, we think you'll get a great value and have a lot of fun with the game.

Does this help? Any other questions or follow ups?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Kickstarter backer, I've got to confess that I'm dissappointed about getting my copy after retailers are, but I'm comforted by the complete transparency of what's happened by everyone involved.

Looking for forward to getting my copy and hoping the game sells out via the distributor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:

I have one question. Will you forgive me for spouting off like an ass the other day?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jkayati wrote:
As a Kickstarter backer, I've got to confess that I'm dissappointed about getting my copy after retailers are, but I'm comforted by the complete transparency of what's happened by everyone involved.

Looking for forward to getting my copy and hoping the game sells out via the distributor.

Jeff -- we really appreciate your patience and understand. In a very short time it'll work out!

Will you be at GenCon? We can play the expansion prototype and I'll buy you a soda or beer, whatever your preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajMalfunction10 wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:

I have one question. Will you forgive me for spouting off like an ass the other day?

Keith -- you're totally fine and I have no beef with you. I've been frustrated with projects in the past as well. You backed us when we needed help and hopefully soon all will be right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jkayati wrote:

Same here. Although I have the highest hopes that Farmageddon will do great at retail level, I don't like the fact that many publishers make it look like it's the only choice. As a backer, I'd like for once to see a publisher hold off retailers orders and give them the same truthful excuse about delays, only adding that KS backers should get their copies first.

I'll enjoy Farmageddon and any other similar projects that had the same misfortune and I want them to do great at retail, but for once I'd love to see the people behind them treat KS backers the way backers deserve, like being the first priority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis O'Connor
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could care less who got it first, I just want to play the damn game, looks fun as hell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TravmacDaddy wrote:
I could care less who got it first, I just want to play the damn game, looks fun as hell.

Thanks, Travis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
jkayati wrote:

Jeff -- we really appreciate your patience and understand. In a very short time it'll work out!

Will you be at GenCon? We can play the expansion prototype and I'll buy you a soda or beer, whatever your preference.

Sadly, I won't be making GenCon this year. But hey, you can lift a pint in my honor if it makes you feel better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jkayati wrote:

Sadly, I won't be making GenCon this year. But hey, you can lift a pint in my honor if it makes you feel better!

The only reason I'm at GenCon is because of you (well, and the plane ticket I bought), so this is an easy sell for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Kilcrease
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly, as Grant mentioned, I am truly sorry for the error in timing. None of this is Grant's fault and falls squarely on me. Future projects won't have this issue now that I know what to expect in distributor processing time.

Nextly, we're up to 750 copies packed! Here's the full details from the latest update:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/5thstreetgames/farmagedd...

Lastly, unfortunately, as the update mentioned, we hit a snag with International backers. They'll be gotten out the door as soon as those envelopes arrive, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TravmacDaddy wrote:

Me too. I have never understood the need to get the game before it gets into retail. Do people actually have someone to brag to about getting it early?

Just my 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.J.
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
TravmacDaddy wrote:

Me too. I have never understood the need to get the game before it gets into retail. Do people actually have someone to brag to about getting it early?

Just my 2

I completely agree with you two!

Seriously, what's the big deal? Do they not realize that it's two completely separate channels?

Someone whined "I'd like for once to see a publisher hold off retailers orders and give them the same truthful excuse about delays" ... They aren't fulfulling retailer's orders... that's what the distributors do, who received their games all in one package, with one name, one location.

Kickstarter backers are receiving theirs in 1200 different packages, with 1200 names to 1200 different locations.

Seriously people, quit whining. It happened... they told us why it happened. It didn't happen like some of you are portraying, get over it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you aren't suggesting I'm whining. I look at my store copy nearly every day and I'd really like to play it, but mine hasn't arrived yet. I was hoping wires hadn't gotten crossed on my shipment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TwentySides wrote:
I hope you aren't suggesting I'm whining. I look at my store copy nearly every day and I'd really like to play it, but mine hasn't arrived yet. I was hoping wires hadn't gotten crossed on my shipment.

No, not at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Kilcrease
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TwentySides wrote:
I was hoping wires hadn't gotten crossed on my shipment.

No worries on that, Jake. They're actually in the process of being labeled now. Domestic copies should be in the mail by Friday August 10.

Here's our latest update:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Kilcrease
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Domestic copies are on their way! See the update here:

Signature Edition and Distinguished Farmer copies are still inbound from Grant signing and dedicating them, but they will be sent out when they arrive at 5th Street.

P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
krinklechip wrote:
Domestic copies are on their way! See the update here:

Signature Edition and Distinguished Farmer copies are still inbound from Grant signing and dedicating them, but they will be sent out when they arrive at 5th Street.

P

Got my copy this weekend! Thanks for the updates!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if the Canadian copies were shipped out yet?
I'm looking forward to some vegetabley, Farmageddony goodness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Kilcrease
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Io Bob,

The Canadian copies have not been shipped yet. They'll be shipped with the rest of the International copies.

Best,
Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
bbhalla wrote:
Does anyone know if the Canadian copies were shipped out yet?
I'm looking forward to some vegetabley, Farmageddony goodness.

Expect your copy next month, as they have not shipped yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.