Dublin
D9
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Save keys to open doors...
mbmbmbmbmb
Fighting Fantasy is back! Try your skill in Blood of the Zombies

Just saw this article about new Fighting Fantasy in the Guardian!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
insearchofspace wrote:
Fighting Fantasy is back! Try your skill in Blood of the Zombies

Just saw this article about new Fighting Fantasy in the Guardian!

I was under the impression that it's been back just a wee bit longer then just recently. Eye of the Dragon was only one of several many that got written, and those were just a few among many others which saw reprintings over the past few years.

It's been back for a while and even available.

If your in Ireland...you should also keep a look out for Lone Wolf. It's been reprinted, but I hear they are finally going to release the paperbacks of the new versions in store later this year...or so I hear.

I'm NOT certain if they will be available elsewhere, but I expect in Britain and Ireland they should be...maybe in Canada too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Grainger
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GreyLord wrote:

I was under the impression that it's been back just a wee bit longer then just recently. Eye of the Dragon was only one of several many that got written, and those were just a few among many others which saw reprintings over the past few years.

It's been back for a while and even available.

Yes, it's been re-launched at least twice in the last ten years! Many of the classics have been reprinted, and there have been new titles as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are you aware of the dangers foxes pose to you and
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
Gamebooks file under RPGG, not BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pre-ordered it a coupla of days ago, so hoping it arrives soon enough.

FF has been "messed around" (especially the numbering system) a little with the way its been reprinted, but there are some interesting titles and books added to the series.

As for Lone Wolf, the collector's edition hardbacks are nice, but they running out of stock of a number of them. The process is also a lot slower than it should be which is frustrating.

Supposedly the lonewolf paperbacks wont have the "bonus adventures" which the hard backs do, and they are kinda cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
j_holmes wrote:
Pre-ordered it a coupla of days ago, so hoping it arrives soon enough.

FF has been "messed around" (especially the numbering system) a little with the way its been reprinted, but there are some interesting titles and books added to the series.

As for Lone Wolf, the collector's edition hardbacks are nice, but they running out of stock of a number of them. The process is also a lot slower than it should be which is frustrating.

Supposedly the lonewolf paperbacks wont have the "bonus adventures" which the hard backs do, and they are kinda cool.

Unless they are by Mr. Dever...not really interested in the 'bonus adventures' as it is. I AM interested in books 29-32, which I thought were supposed to be done YEARS AGO.

However, I was under the impression paperbacks would be out a while ago as well. I guess it is not surprising that the later books are not done along with the paperbacks in that light.

Some of the bonus adv. would be interesting in some light, some not...I suppose it depends. But for the later books beyond what we originally got (book 28 was the last one) I'd just like them to be printed period...don't care about any extras as long as they come out.

I have most of the new FF books that were written but never really got the reprints as I have all of the originals (all the original LW books too. Now that I consider it, I have a LOT of gamebook series, bloodsword, grailquest, and a whole slew of others as well).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The first Lonewolf reprint does have some good rewriting and I think but cant recall that the bonus adventure was written by Mr. Dever, but dont quote me on that. They did fix the Shamath riddle (book 14 or 15) which was missing a word that made it impossible to solve.

And yeah the reprintings have taken a shockingly long time as has the "Final 4" (to borrow from Battlestar Galactica).

I know whatcha mean about the books, the other Dever series (the futuristic freeway warrior, the world of lonewolf, combat heros),I have Grailquest, Way of the Tiger, which ended very frustratingly, Cretan Chronicles...

Anyways back to the topic at hand, only a couple of days to go before Blood of the Zombies is in my hot little hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.