Steve Baldwin

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
designer
Hey everybody,

Last year we added our first board game design SPECIMEN to the site here. Since then we've been busy play testing and refining the game as well as taking pre-orders on our website.

I have always thought of this game cinematically. I was actually imagining scenes from an imaginary sci-fi film as I was coming up with the game events. So when my business partner Joe suggested that we use live actors posed with costumes and props instead of having artwork done for the events and characters, I totally agreed. Joe and I hired a costume designer, a photographer, and six actors, and started building props. The end result was a nine-hour photo shoot that produced some amazing pictures.

You can check out the new look for the game here and at our website. I’m very excited about how they’re coming out!

So far, the response to SPECIMEN has been beyond our expectations, but we are still not reaching our pre-order goal. So, we've decided to launch a fundraising campaign on Kickstarter. Starting in early September, you will be able to help us make this game available. We have a bunch of reward levels and prizes as well as some cool unlockable goals that could really make SPECIMEN even better than it already is.

Thanks,

Steve Baldwin
Toxic Bag Productions, Inc.

Toxic Bag Productions, Inc. is a Chicago-based company known primarily for its groundbreaking line of sound effects for pen-and-paper role playing games. The company’s critically acclaimed “Game Masters Collection” of sound effects is available on CD, as mp3 downloads, and packaged in an app for Apple’s iPhone and iPad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.