Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kane Cathain
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up my copy of Mage Knight today and it was missing some major components - namely the two boards and the two rulebooks.

Has this been a problem?

I remember mention on here about missing components, but looking back through the forums it's mostly complaints about quality. Either way, this is pretty disappointing coming from WizKids. I've never had this happen with any other game and I own a lot of games from companies large and small. Sure, there is an online method for getting replacements, but I have to go back and get a receipt from the store and find a way to scan it in order to complete their requirements.

Really, I'd rather spend my time supporting game companies when they are doing well instead of complaining. But, when I spend $80+ on a game I'd like to have more confidence in it being complete and ready to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
That's a new one. robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Engel

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scatter Die wrote:
I picked up my copy of Mage Knight today and it was missing some major components - namely the two boards and the two rulebooks.

Has this been a problem?

I remember mention on here about missing components, but looking back through the forums it's mostly complaints about quality. Either way, this is pretty disappointing coming from WizKids. I've never had this happen with any other game and I own a lot of games from companies large and small. Sure, there is an online method for getting replacements, but I have to go back and get a receipt from the store and find a way to scan it in order to complete their requirements.

Really, I'd rather spend my time supporting game companies when they are doing well instead of complaining. But, when I spend $80+ on a game I'd like to have more confidence in it being complete and ready to play.

Why not just exchange it at the store for a new one and make them deal with Wizkids?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim OConnor
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2 boards and 2 rule books come in a single zip lock bag. While not saying it's not ridiculous, it at least makes sense that you are missing all of these things and not, say, only one of them.

Do Wizkids have this problem with any of their other games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Beiswenger
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am missing a command token and all my map tiles were cut off-center. I sent them an email with pictures 4 days ago and haven't heard back :(

I'm sad my tiles don't make little stars and circles when they touch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.