Subject: Indented dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre Rebstock
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody knows of a NZ source for blank indented dice?
Not quite ready to splash out for real custom-made dice (yet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
not sure what you mean by indented (yes I know the word but not sure the context in regards to blank), but my partner bought some blank face dice from an eductional website. They came in packs of 6 dice with red, green and white if I recall correctly. Shall I ask him if he remembers the site?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There a thread in this sub forum about Lords of Waterdeep Meeples, and theres some discussion there about 3D printers and other stuff, might be some useful responses there for you as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indented Dice is probably meaning that much of each face is lower than the outer edge such that a sticker can be placed on the face and be less likely to be worn away by use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
Like this:

To which you can apply stickers and get this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Rebstock
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, should have been clearer. Well explained by Gareth and Alex

Might have to do with simple blank dice and marker pen if all else fails

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Wellycon XI - Back 5th June 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try asking Trifters in Oz or the US if they would send you some at minimal cost plus postage from the kids' games they find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It'd be easy to model, then you could ask in the other thread about the 3d printing. What size dice do you want an how deep the indent? One mil woukd prob seem about right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As I love to point any time I see this sort of thing mentioned: A small amount of clear nail polish painted over the sticker will help stop wear and peeling. It's especially good on printed/painted dice and I doubt of much use on embossed dice. A transparent varnish or lacquer would do the same, just make sure you get one that works on polystyrene since a lot of dice are made from that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
moonglow wrote:
It'd be easy to model, then you could ask in the other thread about the 3d printing. What size dice do you want an how deep the indent? One mil woukd prob seem about right.

If you mean one mil, which is an actual unit = 0.001 inches, then this is too shallow. Even a thin sheet of paper is three mil. If you mean one mm then this will be well over twice the depth of a even a thick piece of adhesive backed paper and it would very noticeable to the eye although it would go some way to stopping wear against a table. 0.25 mm is a more realistic depth for gluing in piece of paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Marie
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
The most beautiful things in nature stay that way because most humans are too lazy to ruin them ...
mbmbmbmbmb
Not in NZ but I looked into getting some to make a set of Chunky Fighters and thought the cost (including shipping) was really reasonable http://indentedblankdice.com/?p=87

It's run by:
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did mean mm. The resolution on the 3D printer - depending the model - is .3mm, so I made the indent that deep. Made one version, but having trouble rounding the corners on all planes in sketchup. Might try some other plugins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.