Subject: Custom Hero: The Sojourner rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright this is the last one for a while I promise.

Sojourner:

HP:29

Power: Deal one target 2 projectile damage.

Incapacitated: Target hero plays a card from the top of their deck OR Target returns a card in their discard to their hand OR destroy target villain card with 2 hp or less

Bio: Liam Walker was born a psychokinetic prodigy. He could stop a truck before he could talk, fly before he could walk and teleport his way to kindergarten. His parents knew a child like this needed the proper upbringing and had to understand what is right and wrong. Instead of teaching him to be afraid of his powers they helped him learn and cultivate them. They reached to the government for proper formal training, and when they wanted to take him away; they refused.
Liam grew to understand that his powers made him stronger and faster than his class mates, but they never made him better. From his family he learned compassion, responsibility and hard work, are the only things that truly matter. When he had to he used his powers for the good of the community or to help other is need.
As Liam grew older, his powers continued to grow. He saw the world was being torn apart by the forces of evil and corruption. People needed help and far too few heroes were there to lend aid. Packing a few belonging and saying goodbye to his family he started walking from town to town, city to city doing whatever he could protect the innocent from whatever evil was out there. He would never stay in any place for long, but would leave as quickly as he came never leaving a name.

Appearance: Brown hair short, but shaggy. Average height and weight with a build of a well-conditioned athlete. He has a constant state of stubble. Eyes are the cloud of dark storm clouds, a deep dark grey. His clothes are plain, simple single colored t-shirts and worn jeans.

Cards:

3X Blink: One-shot: Redirect the next source of damage to any other target.

2X Teleport: ongoing: power: Destroy target environment card, Target hero draws a card.

2X Blink Strike: Ongoing: Power: Reduce the damage of the next source of damage by 1, you then deal that target 2 melee damage.

2X Force Shield: ongoing: reduce all damage by 1 from the following sources: melee, projectile, sonic and toxic.

3X Kinetic Barrier: one-shot: Discard any number of cards from the top of your deck. Kinetic barrier has HP equal to the amount of cards discarded. Choose target hero, all damage done to that hero is instead dealt to Kinetic Barrier. Destroy this card at the start of your turn.

3X Kinetic Torrent: One-shot: Discard up to 5 cards from the top of your deck, deal one point of projectile to a target for each card discarded.

3X Psychokinetic martial arts: Limited: Ongoing: all damage dealt by Sojourner is irreducible and increased by 1.

3X The Sojourn: one-shot: discard your hand, draw 4 new cards. Then shuffle your discard back into your deck.

2X Right Place: Ongoing: Power: Destroy target environment card. Search through the remaining environment deck and choose a new environment card to put directly into play.

2X Right Time: Ongoing: set aside 3 cards from the top of your deck face up. During your draw phase you may take on the cards set aside instead of drawing a card from the deck.

2X Lone Fighter: Ongoing: limited: Choose target. Place this card under target card. All damage by Sojourner dealt to that target is increase by 2; all damage from that target to Sojourner is increased by 2.

3X Biofeedback: one-shot: Discard up to 3 cards from the top of your deck; heal 1 damage for each card discarded.

3X Psychokinetic Explosion: One-shot: Discard up to 3 cards from the top of your deck, deal 1 point of projectile damage to each non-heroic target for each card discarded.

2X Flight: Ongoing : Reduce damage done to Sojourner by environment cards by 1.

3X The Long Road: One Shot: Discard up to 2 cards. Search your deck for same number of cards discarded.

2X The First Step: one shot: Discard 2 cards from the top of your deck, each other hero draws 2 cards.

oops put up the wrong Bio! sorry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, I like him. It's cool that he has a bit of deck manipulation in his mechanics. I can see some really good combinations occurring between Sojourner and Legacy as far as mitigating damage goes! Have you been able to play-test him yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Nice, I like him. It's cool that he has a bit of deck manipulation in his mechanics. I can see some really good combinations occurring between Sojourner and Legacy as far as mitigating damage goes! Have you been able to play-test him yet?

not as of yet, my typical game group hasn't been able to get together in a few weeks. I try to save any playtesting I do for when I'm in a group. I'll update as soon as I get feedback or some testing under my belt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.