Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cpt. America
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmb
Has anyone heard or know of, a campaign system for legend of drizzt?? I have been looking everywhere and the only thing i found (which I printed already) are a deck of cards that you can use 'between' adventures....but i tried to find a set of adventures to go with these cards but i could not find any.....does anyone outthere know of campaign setup for drizzt? please let me know ...thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you'll find this useful:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/705077/ninjadorgs-dd-adventu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Campaign System" was introduced in Wrath of Ashardalon. Here are the basics:

-At the beginning of your first adventure, draw a Treasure Item, just like normal.

-When you kill a Monster, draw a Treasure Token instead of a Treasure Card. These tokens are included in Wrath of Ashardalon. They have Gold values on them, and a couple of them tell you to simply draw a Treasure Card. (go HERE for an online treasure token deck)

-Between adventures, draw 3 Treasure Cards to form the "store". The Heroes may purchase any of these cards with the gold they have collected.

-Begin the next adventure with the same Power Cards, Treasure Cards, and Hero levels that you've achieved. Shuffle all the Treasure Tokens and Monster Cards back into their respective decks, making a note of any Gold and XP you have remaining.

That's really all there is to it. Wrath of Ashardalon is also the only game that actually has a few scenarios in the Adventure Book that instructs you to play them as a series (campaign). Though the Hunt for Strahd in Castle Ravenloft works really well as a campaign. But using this system, you can simply string together any scenarios you want from any Adventure Book.

------ Variants ------

As you've noticed, there are a couple of fan made variants that help expand this system. The Campaign Event cards you mention simply has each Hero draw a card between adventures. Resolve what's on the card before you set up the "store" to buy Items. It's purpose is to simply add some variety in between adventures, with some effects that may stick with you into the next adventure.

One of the 'issues' with turning this game into a Campaign is that the official rules only allow you to get up to Level 2. In an effort to fix this, there are some fan-made rules & cards that allow you to reach Level 5. Ninjadorg has the LoD Hero Leveling cards in his gallery:

And finally, in an effort to scale the difficulty of the game as your Heroes level up, Ninjadorg also has a system to increase the amount of Monsters you encounter by using the Monster Tokens that are in Castle Ravenloft (though WoA & LoD have Villain tokens that add to this stack). So, instead of simply drawing a Monster when you reveal a new tile, you draw a Monster Token to show you how many monsters show up. You build the Monster Token stack according to the levels of the Heroes in your party:

1 creature for Hero Levels 1-2
1-2 creatures for Hero Levels 2-3
1-3 creatures for Hero Levels 3-4 (with minor villains mixed in)
2-3 creatures for Hero Levels 4-5 (with all villains mixed in)

Well, I hope that gives you enough to get started. Zwerg's link gives you a list of a bunch of variants, which include the ones I just explained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This +1 damage/20 per level is stupid. Seriously, what the hell? Hero attacks with 1 damage, but when he rolls 20 he suddenly deals 5 times more damage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TrueLolzor wrote:
This +1 damage/20 per level is stupid. Seriously, what the hell? Hero attacks with 1 damage, but when he rolls 20 he suddenly deals 5 times more damage?

Though keep in mind that by the time you reach lvl 5, you've got the villain tokens mixed in with the rest of the monster tokens, and you'll likely spawn a number of them during the game beyond your objective bosses. But hey, feel free to change the damage to however you see fit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeckoTH wrote:
TrueLolzor wrote:

Though keep in mind that by the time you reach lvl 5, you've got the villain tokens mixed in with the rest of the monster tokens, and you'll likely spawn a number of them during the game beyond your objective bosses. But hey, feel free to change the damage to however you see fit!

My first reply was a less articulate re-wording of yours Tom - I quite literally could not have said it better myself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpt. America
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmb
wow guys! thanks a lot for all your replies and help! I really appreciate it....I will look into all of this. I might have to make myself some treasure tokens as per I only own drizzt..but that is ok. Oh, also, does anyone know where the treasure (chest) tokens are used? none of the adventures in the game seem to use them..so why include them eh!? anyways, thanks againg for all your help! have a nice day everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Treasure Chest Tokens aren't used in any official way. They are there simply to allow us to figure out ways to implement them, lol.

Here's the number of each type of Treasure Token:

9 x

11 x

5 x

2 x

1 x

5 x

and
on the back
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
GeckoTH wrote:
Here's the number of each type of Treasure Token:

Many thanks for these and all the other expansions and extras you guys have provided.

Is that a copyright notice cluttering the top of each of these images? Not that I would want to download and create versions of these treasure tokens for myself of course...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, these images are pulled from Shnar's awesome TileSet plugins (the ones he uses for the Play-by-forum games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeckoTH wrote:
The Treasure Chest Tokens aren't used in any official way.

You are quite correct Tom, they are not used in any official way. whistle

Except for in the final Wrath of Ash campaign adventure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
GeckoTH wrote:

Are they? I thought the Treasure Chests (the 2 square wide variety) were only found in LoD, and weren't officially used for anything... unless I'm forgetting something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeckoTH wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:
GeckoTH wrote:

Are they? I thought the Treasure Chests (the 2 square wide variety) were only found in LoD, and weren't officially used for anything... unless I'm forgetting something.

Nope, you missed nothing, I just missed the word "Chest" - a word I don't normally miss. Sorry for the confusion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TrueLolzor wrote:

Also, here's an alternative idea that's easy to implement:

Lvl 2: +1 Damage on a natural 20
Lvl 3: +1 Damage on a natural 19-20
Lvl 4: +1 Damage on a natural 18-20
Lvl 5: +1 Damage on a natural 17-20

No super damage increase, and yet your Hero still gets more powerful. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeckoTH wrote:
No super damage increase, and yet your Hero still gets more powerful. cool

That's what I've been testing out, so far so good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kozlik
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please, can anyone tell what are the numbers for Monster Tokens from Castle Ravenloft??

0 Monster token - number?
1 Monster token - number?
2 Monster token - number?
3 Monster token - number?

I want to add more difficulty with them to Drizzt adventures

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KO23L wrote:
Please, can anyone tell what are the numbers for Monster Tokens from Castle Ravenloft??

0 Monster token - number?
1 Monster token - number?
2 Monster token - number?
3 Monster token - number?

I want to add more difficulty with them to Drizzt adventures

Monster_0 x9
Monster_1 x11
Monster_2 x6
Monster_3 x2
And LoD had one Monster_4 token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kozlik
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx man.

And about that line ... "And LoD had one Monster_4 token."

You mean, one custom created Monster_4 token for purpose of Cmpaign game?
Or you mean there is encounter card in LoD card stack which refers to add 4 monsters into play? (i have this game relatively new so i dont have all cards in my mind )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KO23L wrote:
Thx man.

And about that line ... "And LoD had one Monster_4 token."

You mean, one custom created Monster_4 token for purpose of Cmpaign game?
Or you mean there is encounter card in LoD card stack which refers to add 4 monsters into play? (i have this game relatively new so i dont have all cards in my mind )

No, they're not cards, just a pool of tokens which came with Castle Ravenloft. Legend of Drizzt just came with one single extra monster token, which can be mixed in with the others and has the number '4' on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kozlik
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hehe ... i didnt noticed this token in my DaD LoD box :) ... i must look at it :D. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.