Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Urbanke
Germany
Dortmund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I've seen that Archi is listed for pre-order at the publishers page.

Will this be the only possibility to buy the game before Essen2012 or will it be delivered to some (german) online shops after release?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
. . . or other US online retailers as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Charles Mourey
France
Valbonne
Alpes-Maritimes
flag msg tools
publisher
In addition to our web site, Archipelago will be available in regular shops (online or otherwise) in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, France, Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Luxemburg.

It also might be available in shops in other countries if they specifically request the games from us or from our distributors.

http://archipelago.ludically.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcmourey wrote:
In addition to our web site, Archipelago will be available in regular shops (online or otherwise) in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, France, Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Luxemburg.

It also might be available in shops in other countries if they specifically request the games from us or from our distributors.

http://archipelago.ludically.com

Any guess how much of a discount the online shops will have over the the price listed on the publisher's website? I am very tempted to preorder it from the publisher's website for North America delivery. However, I don't want to preorder it and then still be waiting for it to arrive when Boards&Bits or Coolstuff is selling and shipping it for 30% less than what I paid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Charles Mourey
France
Valbonne
Alpes-Maritimes
flag msg tools
publisher
I have no idea about any discount online shops might offer. It's really up to them.

Preorders will indeed get to you sooner because the games don't have to go through the distribution channels and to the stores and then to you. Preorders get shipped as soon as the boat arrives.

If you want the game even sooner, you could order it using the Europe / Asia link on the website. We can ship to you from Europe in September, some people are pre-ordering that way, but shipping from Europe is expensive (29€).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iron James Rackham
msg tools
mbmbmb
Chris Boelinger wrote:
The game can be played solo but the solo version will be following as a small expansion soon after the release of the game or at the same time if we can. But it won't be included in the box already jam packed !

Any news about the release date of this expansion? Pretty sure I'll get it if I buy the game, but would like to avoid paying separate shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just found it at an online distributor for 51 Euro....ok...shipping cost have to be added, but maybe in the near future there will be more online stores with comparable prices but without shipping cost.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boelinger
France
Nice
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ironJames wrote:
Chris Boelinger wrote:
The game can be played solo but the solo version will be following as a small expansion soon after the release of the game or at the same time if we can. But it won't be included in the box already jam packed !

Any news about the release date of this expansion? Pretty sure I'll get it if I buy the game, but would like to avoid paying separate shipping.

I'm working hard on this expansion. Playtesting a lot all the scenarios.
We expect to have it somewhere between Essen and December 1st.
So that's like a 45 days margin...
We just figured out that having it at Essen might be real tough, so it will probably come before christmas, beginning of December.

We'll tell you more as soon as we have more specific answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Braz wrote:
just found it at an online distributor for 51 Euro....ok...shipping cost have to be added, but maybe in the near future there will be more online stores with comparable prices but without shipping cost.....

Online €51, Essen price €60...hmmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.