Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Hill
United Kingdom
Fareham
HAMPSHIRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off I am after some advice; It isn’t my intention of rubbing any salt into any wounds as I know some of you (if just a very small number) are seeking at least 1 of these expansions.

Recently I have been forced to make a tough choice regarding my games I have lying around the place. Space Hulk 3rd edition has managed to stay on the shelf, but a warhammer army has gone the way of ebay as has a variety of other bits and bobs.

I have been unable to make up my mind regarding this next one though –

Talisman 2nd edition +
Expansion Set
The Adventure
Dungeon
City

The game and all parts are in excellent condition, cards have been sleeved since I bought the various bits from the market place / ebay etc and the board is flat rule sheets are clean with no tears and overall it’s a great conditioned game which is now just gathering some dust.

The problem is we simply do not play it, nor do I play it solo. For solo fantasy adventure I play Runebound, for a light game with music on and drinks we play Ticket to Ride or Uno, for a quick monster bash with a fantasy theme we play Hero Quest (with a few more drinks.)

The sheer length this game takes to play is simply too great for us to commit to if all we are doing is playing a game which none of us are overly bothered about winning but is fun to pass the time with (whilst we drink / hang out / listen to music etc.)

If we are having a serious / sober game night then this won’t even be considered to be played, as it simply falls nicely into that drinks and party game but we have others (and arguably better) for that purpose (Hero Quest etc above.)

The reason I bought it was because when it was originally released I craved the game so much, and wrote it on a few of my Christmas and birthday wish lists. But at the time I also had the attention span of an 5 year old (being 5 at the time made sense.) And so my parents bought me other bits and pieces (including Hero Quest one year)

It was at the release of 4th edition (the recant FFG one) which rekindled my desire to own that sword and magic game from my youth, that I hunted down the game along with a few of its expansions. I have no emotional attachment to my copy, no fond memories of it being played late into the wee hours of the morning.

That is why I’m seriously considering selling this game with all its expansions in one big sale, therefor I have 2 questions to ask the lot of you guys here; firstly should I sell it? Secondly for how much?

And I guess thirdly would any one like to make me an offer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is from a Talisman-lover (who also happens to have and like Runebound).

KEEP IT. And play it meeple

With the fourth edition out (and the 4th is much better and more beautiful than the 2nd), you won't get any great offers for the 2nd (from which you miss the Timescape); except, maybe for the Dragon expansion alone, which was kinda rare.

Just my 2 cents meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Harris
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im about to sell my 1st Edition, I just don't play it any more and havent for some years. I remember it taking ages to play and half way through you kind of know who is going to win anyway. May as well give someone else the pleasure and use the cash to buy a game I will actually get out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Menzies
Australia
Katoomba
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:

With the fourth edition out (and the 4th is much better and more beautiful than the 2nd), you won't get any great offers for the 2nd (from which you miss the Timescape); except, maybe for the Dragon expansion alone, which was kinda rare.

Just my 2 cents meeple

Noble Knight has the 2nd ed listed at $150 used. That's a bit more than 2 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
ross_menzies wrote:
PzVIE wrote:

Just my 2 cents meeple

Noble Knight has the 2nd ed listed at $150 used. That's a bit more than 2 cents.

True - but the good Knight needs to find a collector who's willing to pay the price. Here at BGG there are many cheaper offers meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.