Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Wagner
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For all those who didn't follow the recent thread about the new ABACUSSPIELE edition of Hanabi, here is the result:

Thank you for your feedback to improve the game for colorblinds. The rules now feature an avalanche of colors variant that plays with 40 cards (incl. 10 multicolor cards) and you need to build a 6th firework, too. The special thing is, that you are not allowed to say "multicolored" when giving information about colors but must point at the multicolored cards each time you give information about any color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When will this edition be available for us in the USA?

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Wagner
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeede wrote:

Cameron

We have the rights for the German speaking countries. Antoine said in another thread that an English edition is planned, but I don't know who will do it and how it will look like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fermin Uribetxebarria
Germany
Ravensburg
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matthias!

I think you made a great decision including the multicolour set. I played with many German people here in Germany (Les XII Singes edition) and they all loved it. After some games, people ususally demand something harder, although it is not often played.

I saw you made some light modifications to the sixth suit: 10 cards, instead of 5, and a second variant to the sith suit. Great! Thanks! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kunsemiller
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Mischievous Hobbes is Mischievous
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeede wrote:

Cameron

This is an Amazon.de purchase for sure for me! When will it be available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
I want this game fairly badly, is there any news on the English edition front?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some US stores have preorders for the import, at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Fox
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mb
Paul G wrote:
I want this game fairly badly, is there any news on the English edition front?

Same here. Where was it even announced though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d'Epenoux Matthieu
France
Boulogne
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have licenced the game to an US company which is known by everybody here. The game should be available in Us language in 2013.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matthieu.CIP wrote:
I have licenced the game to an US company which is known by everybody here. The game should be available in Us language in 2013.

Does that mean we will get the cocktail version or it will be updated like the abacus one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
But I want it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
This is excellent news!

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daley
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
Matthieu.CIP wrote:

Does that mean we will get the cocktail version or it will be updated like the abacus one?

The cocktail version is simply the worst game I've ever seen produced. It reminds me of the "Cheapass" line of games, which I think was printed on a stock HP Laserjet with heavy paper. Many of our Hanabi Cocktail cards became marked (bent), as they are virtually unshuffle-able, and shuffling is terribly important to this game.

I found a nice 5-suited deck of cards at my local game store, (like [geekurl=http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-suit-playing-cards-5-Dimension-Star-five-players-more-fun-5D-new-80-Cards-/251161572742]THIS[/geekurl]), which was all I needed to make a new Hanabi game with reasonably decent cards. Food for thought, while you wait.

Even though I own one copy, and have cobbled a second together, I would LOVE to own a new, decent Hanabi, and look forward to it in North America. This is a great game, and for all my complaints about the quality of the cards, it remains one of my very favorites

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matthieu.CIP wrote:

We now know that it is R&R games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.