Subject: Visiting Lyon area. Any tips, tricks or game shops? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell
Netherlands
Zutphen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Visiting with the family, we're looking at the city or the surroundings as a place we might like to live.

Any input on the area from anyone, especially people who live there would be appreciated

Merci
Russell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Bretin
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Russel,

Lyon is a marvelous city where I like to live. Personnaly I'm living near at Villeurbanne. You can visit all the old city of Lyon and travel in different period: antiquity, middle-age, "renaissance", ...

If you love city, live near the center of the city.

If you prefer outside, you can live in the west of the city in "Les monts d'or" or in "Les monts du lyonnais".

To play, there is a game shop with rpg, warhammer (40k), and other table games. The game shop is called Trollune (http://www.trollune.fr/).

Regards.

Didier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lyon is indeed a really nice city to visit (a bit similar to Prague, imo), and it's also one of the most gamer friendly city in Europe, with no less than 4 boardgames cafés!

My advice would be to spend a night at "Moi j'm'en fous je triche", which is the largest (4000+ members) and oldest (2003) nonprofit boardgame café in France. The annual fee is 6€, but you can invite someone, so that's 3€ per person for one night. Tell me if you plan to come, I'll try to be there.

As Didier writes, Trollune is one of the best store in Lyon (with games and books), but you can also check Archi-Chouette, a really laid back game store near the Hôtel de Ville area (a couple of streets away from "la Triche").

As for tourist stuff, there's a lot to see : Basilique de Fourvière (with a incredible view over the city), place Bellecour, Parc de la Tête d'Or, lots of museums, etc. The Tourism Office is located place Bellecour and they've got everything you need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell
Netherlands
Zutphen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. Good places to start.
Matthieu, I'll take you up on that offer if I get the chance to make it in the evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Bretin
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:

My advice would be to spend a night at "Moi j'm'en fous je triche", which is the largest (4000+ members) and oldest (2003) nonprofit boardgame café in France. The annual fee is 6€, but you can invite someone, so that's 3€ per person for one night. Tell me if you plan to come, I'll try to be there. ;)

Of course !!!!! :blush:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.