Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hey guys,

I just bought 500 standard euro size sleeves for my new Dominion box I got yesterday. Problem is... all the sleeves looks too small and the cards bend inside the sleeves.

Example:

I'm pretty sure it is not normal, what can I do about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks Jim, I've found on another thread that I should contact Mayday about it. I hope they will be able to do something about it, the store I bought them at had none left after my purchase lol... can't replace them there.

Edit: Yeah I bought the size that was on their chart, 3 packs out of 5 are too small but the other 2 packs fits perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nyda wrote:
Edit: Yeah I bought the size that was on their chart, 3 packs out of 5 are too small but the other 2 packs fits perfectly.

Unfortunately, Mayday is all too known for inconsistency in terms of sleeve sizes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
Nyda wrote:

Unfortunately, Mayday is all too known for inconsistency in terms of sleeve sizes.

but fortunately, they will replace any package of sleeves you ask them to without question, so that is nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sokalski
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had the same issue. All you have to do is send Mayday an email about your problem, and they'll take care of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bchlax944 wrote:
matthean wrote:
Nyda wrote:

but fortunately, they will replace any package of sleeves you ask them to without question, so that is nice.

I just don't see the need to go through the process when you know it's so likely to happen. Let me buy something that works from the start. Sometimes the saying you get what you pay for really is true. Mayday sleeves are cheap for a reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear that - personally, I've bought almost all of their sleeve sizes and only ever had a problem with the Euro ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
Nyda wrote:

laugh

Perhaps BGG should implement ratings for accessories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Nyda wrote:

laugh

Perhaps BGG should implement ratings for accessories.

Haha, it was my first time buying sleeves, explaining the confused state laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmb
Nyda wrote:
Haha, it was my first time buying sleeves, explaining the confused state laugh

Yes... it's unfortunate that you were inconvenienced by the bad sleeve packs. It's true that Mayday is generally good at making up for it. Contact them, like the previous posters said, and they'll send you the replacements you need.

But getting it right the first time is clearly not Mayday's highest priority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You thought all the card shuffling in Dominion was a chore. Just wait until all your cards are sleeved and uber-slippery.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Northern Rommel
Canada
flag msg tools
Pentegarn76 wrote:
Says on the site that for Dominion you need 59 x 92mm size:

http://maydaygames.com/card-sleeves-59-92-mm-100-pack-black-...

Is that the size you ordered?

If so according to their site they have a satisfaction guarantee so I am sure you could either get new correct sized sleeves or a refund.

I have to give them kudos for their sleeve policy, despite the annoyance of it all. They replaced our large batch, and then a good chunk of the replacements that were also defective.

Now if I could just get my wooden cubes that I ordered over seven months ago....that would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Foldenauer
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My sleeves for King of Tokyo that I purchased from Mayday were super snug-tight too. I experienced the same bending as in your picture. Rather than get them replaced, though, I rubber banded the cards together which forced the cards flat. The sleeves stretched to accommodate the position they were forced into. What I was left with were perfect fitting sleeves where the cards have no room to slide around at all. You may have a different definition of perfect fit, however.

Note: the rubber band was only used to help flatten. I am sure sliding them into books and weighting the books down will have a similar effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
fograsher wrote:
Note: the rubber band was only used to help flatten. I am sure sliding them into books and weighting the books down will have a similar effect.

I have sandwiched cards between a shelf and thin sheet of wood and then used G-clamps (specifically I used the clamps that holds the net on a ping-pong table). I put cardboard (ripped from a box of crackers) in there as well to protect the cards at top and bottom from any marking from the wood or shelf. The advantage was for those particularly snug fits I could put apply an arbitrarily large force from the screws which I think would be much harder to do with books and would potentially involve damaging the books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Foldenauer
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good methods, Scott. I was going the lazy man's route, myself. I found that rubber banding the cards to themselves provided enough force to keep them flat while the plastic of the sleeves worked itself out. I split bent cards so that two piles of concave sides were facing each other, then rubber banded them together for a few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
I went straight for premium sleeves, and they have been excellent. I dunno what Mayday do to their cheaper sleeves, as I've got a substantial number of flawed sleeves in every pack. Too tall, too short (and never the same length on all in a pack), too tight, too loose. Or simply splitting open while putting a card in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Good news! I contacted Mayday and they will send replacements for the sleeves.

As for putting them into rubber bands or into books, I would if I wasn't afraid of breaking cards by sliding them into such a tight sleeve :\ I'll just wait 1-2 weeks for the new sleeves to arrive and go from here ^^

Let's just hope they won't have the same defect now lol!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Nyda wrote:
Let's just hope they won't have the same defect now lol!

That's the spirit! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nheather wrote:
Just wait until all your cards are sleeved and uber-slippery.

And, depending on the quality of the sleeves, how quickly they go from being "uber-slippery" to "sticking together as if someone put spray-adhesive all over them".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have sleeved my entire collection of Dominion (every card from every expansion and the promos) from Mayday and I've only had about 2 packs of sleeves that didn't fit. They were replaced promptly. I have bought enough sleeves to take care of Dark Ages when it releases at GenCon. I am satisfied with their quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
fograsher wrote:
I split bent cards so that two piles of concave sides were facing each other, then rubber banded them together for a few days.

While we're mutually admiring each other, why weren't you giving me this good advice a month ago? :) I had all mine facing the same way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.