Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Paquin
Canada
Mont St-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I am playing the allies and have just lost a combat. My opponent has played the Catastrophic Attack CC but I have the Jafar Pasha card in front of me. My question is: can I force the defending CP player to reroll in order to keep him from winning the fight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
Regardless of any ruling as to whether you can play this only on yourself or also on the opponent, I will note that the card text says that the defender is "allowed" to re-roll. "Allowed" implies that he isn't forced to do so, but it's up to him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why not. As the defender you get 2nd choice of CC's. I would say though that if you do get a favorable result the CP can return Catastrophic Attack to his hand.
This is one of those rare combinations of card play that might not have a definite answer in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Urgh, ignore me. I have this completely backwards. Mr. Thy is right...allowing a re-roll implies he doesn't have to take it.
Would be a wild set of circumstances if it did work that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Satterthwaite
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that Jafar is just a defender's card, so since you are the attacker, you are unable to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you cannot play this card to force the other player to use it (either to force him to retreat one space or to force him to reroll his die).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Paquin
Canada
Mont St-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I have to agree with you guys. But, who's turn is it following the play of the Catastrophic CC? The CP? Looks like I'm dead meat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, of course it will be CP turn following play of Catastrophic attack.
That is why it is so Catastrophic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
jrcowill wrote:
Looks like I'm dead meat!

That's why it's called a "Catastrophic Defeat" arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation came up in one of our games, what if only retreat possible from Catastrophic Attack is retreat by sea? We decided allies must still retreat if able, normal Jihad penalties apply. CPs can't advance by sea (of course) so have to stop in the port.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.