Popular Tags: [View All]
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Quote:
Raid: Choose 1 hero. If that hero's Attack Value is 5 or higher, defeat this card (you gain the XP). Otherwise, destroy that hero.

Since this card is 'defeated', does that bring with it any associated activation of powers? Most cards that reference 'defeat' do so with a Spoils ability, and the Spoils step would have already been resolved before the Raid step. But what about Guiding Light?

Quote:
If you defeat a monster, place a Light +1 token in front of you.

If I didn't defeat a monster before, do I get the token now? If I already defeated a monster, do I get another token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wootton
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
darquil wrote:
Quote:
Raid: Choose 1 hero. If that hero's Attack Value is 5 or higher, defeat this card (you gain the XP). Otherwise, destroy that hero.

Since this card is 'defeated', does that bring with it any associated activation of powers? Most cards that reference 'defeat' do so with a Spoils ability, and the Spoils step would have already been resolved before the Raid step. But what about Guiding Light?

Quote:
If you defeat a monster, place a Light +1 token in front of you.

If I didn't defeat a monster before, do I get the token now? If I already defeated a monster, do I get another token?

I believe you get it both times. It sets up an additional mini battle.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.