Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Skinshifter Terror wrote:
Physical Attack +4

Dungeon: Discard or destroy a card to add Physical Attack +4 and Strength +3. If the card was a disease, you may use this ability a second time this turn.

+4 attack is good, and I will almost always have at least one card I can afford to discard (so long as that card is contributing less than 4 attack, it's probably worth it). So Skinshifter is a +8 on a typical day. But pair him up with a single disease? +12 attack. Skinshifter Terror + a single disease (and assuming no light) can dish out 10/8/6 damage to ranks 1-3. Awesome.

Puts him right up there with Veteran Warmonger and Isri Helmsplitter (when a heavy weapon is in the village), who top out at +16 and +12 respectively. (Discounting other heroes who have more variable attack based on cards present, like Stoneguard Tanker and Selurin Warlock/Theurge).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Ouellette
Canada
flag msg tools
You would need to have a second card to discard/destroy in this case right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Goddard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first full game with CoB last night, the first scenario with Goron. Even though Goron gives benefits for multiple classes, I went exclusively with the Skinshifters until they were all gone (comboing with Seed Bomb on a mauler-to-terror upgrade was awesome). I'm pretty sure I used their discard ability every time, though I didn't get any diseases until my last turn or so, so my Terrors maxed out at 8. Still, I love these guys, though their strength is surprisingly low.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Dyckmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
The card says: discard/destroy to add attack.
Can you also give the additional attack to another Hero from your hand? I suppose you have to add it to the Skinshifter himself but i'm not a 100% sure. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Evangelien wrote:
The card says: discard/destroy to add attack.
Can you also give the additional attack to another Hero from your hand? I suppose you have to add it to the Skinshifter himself but i'm not a 100% sure. Thanks.

You can read my unofficial opinion here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10125604#10125604

My reading is that the intent of "add" is to "add to this card", rather than to the party in general (I think we definitely cannot add to another card in particular).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.