United Kingdom
Stanley
Co. Durham
flag msg tools
CROM THE INVINCIBLE, SAVIOR OF THE GRUNGE MASTERS DAUGHTER
badge
HE JUST CANT BE KILLED, OR CAN HE???
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a barely used fully painted set of descent first edition and a complete opened but unused set of road to legend. Im not sure if this has any value now 2nd ed was out.

I enjoyed it for painting the miniatures but the game was too long and complicated for my group so it only got played 3 maybe 4 times and that was it.

I noticed there isnt mnay copies on ebay so should i stick it on there and see how it goes or put it on the marketplace on here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Peters
United States
Saint Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are getting 2nd edition and the conversion kit, you can use the figures to play the new version. It is hard to say, I am sure there will be demand for the miniatures as new owners who purchase the conversion kit will be interested; however, I don't think there is a mint to be made because any mini will do and there are several reasonably priced alternatives (D&D minis, Pathfinder, etc).

I bought a 1st edition game about a year ago and have never been able to play it. I plan to keep it to use with a conversion kit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
any pics of your set ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Fox
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I've made a study, but I've noticed that copies of Descent first edition expansions have sold recently from local game stores. I'm assuming people are buying them to use with the second edition conversion kit. Prices for first edition still seem ridiculously high on the internet. If you aren't planning to get second edition and the conversion kit, I would bet they still have some value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom brown
United Kingdom
Stanley
Co. Durham
flag msg tools
CROM THE INVINCIBLE, SAVIOR OF THE GRUNGE MASTERS DAUGHTER
badge
HE JUST CANT BE KILLED, OR CAN HE???
mbmbmbmbmb
mixykym wrote:
any pics of your set ?

http://s371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/ir0n_m4n/board%20ga...

thats the link to the album of painted descent minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a note, copies around my neck of the woods sold out very quickly after 2nd ED came out and details about the conversion kit were more available.

I concur that most folks are spending the 100+ to pick up 60+ figures to use seamlessly with 2nd ed. At that price it worth it per figure. Compare that to GW for a single figure..upwards of $15... cant beat it..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RtL is still commanding a high price, the whole set should be over $30p, even more if you sell them separatly (especially since it's paitned).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.