Pat Nas
Netherlands
Middelburg
Zeeland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this work if I want to play without deckbuilding (only using have the base game, AoU and now Legends)?

Do I just add all the specific cards to the various factiondecks (all 3 of each)?

And do all the new neutral cards go into to the neutral pile with both players still getting 10 random neutral cards (some cards could be unplayable by the Order/Chaos restriction), or do they get all the "appropriate" neutral cards along with other 10 neutrals?
Ohh... and one of them each or all 3 (making for quite a large deck)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone deckbuilds.

If you have gone to the effort to get AoU and Legends, don't you think you might want to invest that time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Nas
Netherlands
Middelburg
Zeeland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Naaah... shake

I realy liked the base game, bought AoU to get all the races, and bought Legends because I read it added some cool new possibilities to the game...

But I have so much games (to play and paint) that I honestly only play it on occasion, so I don't want to get into the whole building aspect of it.
Now I had no problem incorperating AoU, but Legends has me wondering how to get it all in there, without screwing up the balance or rules of the game... there's nothing about that in the rules and I can't seem to find it in the FAQS..

So with that in mind..... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Nas
Netherlands
Middelburg
Zeeland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now looking at your game list makes my "much" seem very little though... modest
But still...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qin Eng
msg tools
I have 1 core set, AoU and legends for casual play. Legends is awesome expansion, it adds lot of fun but if u are going to add the cards from legends then I suggest u add it to all factions just for balanced purpose. I dun use much of the neutral cards from legends cause I think those are mainly design for skavens, wood elves and other neutral races. U dun need to deck build from scratch, just try to remove around 5-8 cards from ur base deck and switch them with cards from legends. I like the fact that cards from legend gives more mobility to units of the empire and more denial cards for the high elves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Nas
Netherlands
Middelburg
Zeeland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx man, thumbsup

I'll go and try that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Frank
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Space, the final frontier...
badge
The sun is a mass of incandescent gas, a gigantic nuclear furnace, where hydrogen is built into helium, at a temperature of millions of degrees.
mbmbmb
One thing you could try is to add one of each unique race card to the appropriate deck. There are 7 unique cards for each race in the Legends expansion, so that should bring the deck size to 47. Fill the remaining 3 slots with random neutral cards from the core set and you are good to go.

As for the neutral cards in Legends, they should all play well with the core set with the exceptions of Terradon Rider and Screaming Bell. (I would also skip Watchtower, but that is just personal preference.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Nas
Netherlands
Middelburg
Zeeland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now thats a precise piece of advise! Thx.
I also noticed in the tournament rules that your deck can go up to 100 cards. But I guess that if you putt them all in the game could definately drag and the sheer amout of different cards would be difficult for casual players, so I'll follow your suggestions in our next game.
Thx again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ries
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a casual player and provide the cards for my opponents (though several of them have expressed an interest in buying their own cards). I started with the Core Set and bought Assault on Uluthan next. Then I bought some of the Corruption Cycle packs. My next purchases after those were March of the Damned and the Legends expansions. I completed the Corruption Cycle and now I buy two Battle Packs at a time when my funds allow. I buy one pack from an older set and a pack from the Eternal War cycle. That way I have the new shinies (like those talked about on Mallumo and Happy DD's excellent podcast, Winvasion) and am also building my collection with older cards.

A word about my deck construction: it is quite unorthodox. In an effort to play with every card I own and not intimidate new players with established decks, I randomly build decks. One for each of the capital board factions.

I shuffle all of the units of a faction and deal out 25 of them face down. Then I shuffle the support cards of that faction and deal out 5 cards, do the same for tactics cards. Then shuffle the quest cards and deal three, Legends and deal three, add the epic spell for each faction, and then deal out 8 neutral cards (divided by order and destruction, of course with true neutral cards randomly dispersed between order and destruction) to round out the deck.

This method seems to generate surprisingly balanced decks as many of the games we have played have been a blast and not runaway victories. Every so often, I 'reset' the decks. Usually after receiving a new Battle Pack or Deluxe expansion.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Nas
Netherlands
Middelburg
Zeeland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whow... a casual player with that much cards (and then some ;-)
Thanx, I'll see if I can use some of that method in my setups!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.