Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
As of this day, August 3rd 2012, I have completed my Dust collection (my wallet emits a sigh of relief).

I now have every single Dust Tactics miniature ever made (one copy of each), completing my axis, allies and SSU armies. I have obtained every operations boxes and both Dust warfare books. They all go along my Dust strategy game and my Dust and Dust wars comics.

When I first started this, it was in mid-2011, just before Seelowe was released. At the time, it sounded like a lot of money, though not *that* much to get started in Tactics. The crazy speed of the releases changed that to a: "I would not have started if I knew how much it would cost me". Now however, I am glad I did because I really like Dust.

I didn't bother with the card upgrade pack, nor the early boxes for the repeats of the original core set's content so technically, I am still missing the "tank hunters"... but I don't particularly care for them with the crazy amount of stuff I have.

I have painted about half of everything. The mountain of painting that is the other half tells me I'll never be done with that project...soblue

Now if only FFG could release the three missing ssu packs from Sverograd. They are about the most essential to the SSU and they kept them for last. Why FFG? May and June were crazy with the SSU releases and now... nothing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job Martin! I'm on the same adventure as you and it's starting to cost a lot lol...especially when you add some Premium squads int he equation.

It's a cool adventure though

Now, get to that painting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Hockin
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So how much did all this cost you in the end, if you don't mind me asking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was thinking the same as you but now when a box of 3 guys cost 15 quid I think I will get just bare minimum and stay with it.

I am still thinking if heavies are neccessary because I see the rules for them as a joke.

I thought the aim for Dust was to release a affordable wargame yet they charge more for soft plastic than for metal miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As of Thursday of last week, I'm at a similar place, only I've skipped out on the SSU. I bought the Wotan/Flam-Luther last week, thus giving me all Dust Tactics / Dust Warfare base sets and expansions that include Axis and/or Allied units.

The relase of all these SSU have let me catch up on the Axis and Allies (a little over a year ago I still just had the original core set). Now I'm hoping I can get what I have painted by the time more comes out.

And yes, this game costs a lot of money when compared to other board games, but for every squad or walker I buy, I'm spending 4-12 hours painting it, and then it will also quickly see hours on the game table too - so on a per-hour entertainment value, it's not bad at all... I see lots of people who continually buy new board games that only hit the table a couple times... compared to that, Dust miniatures are pretty good value to those that enjoy the miniatures hobby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.