Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I am posting this here for Geof as he is currently enjoying the WBC:

Quote:

This week in The Long View, special guest Jim Shaw and I hold our first smack-down episode! In the crucible are Quarriors and The King of Tokyo. Who comes out on top as the real king? You’ll have to listen to find out!

http://www.2d6.org/2012/08/the-long-view-king-of-tokyo-vs-qu...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LordHellfury wrote:
I am going to go ahead and say it: King of Tokyo is far superior as a light and fun dice game than Quarriors is. I find both games comparable, but one is simply better.

Quarriors would not be so bad if it just didn't over stay its welcome and lacks theme to make up for its drawbacks.

KoT is fun until the very end, has theme in spades.

I really didn't find the two games all that similar. That said, strictly from an enjoyment perspective, I have had a lot more fun with Quarriors, largely because I enjoy the deck building element of gathering creatures and spells. As for theme, Quarriors essentially has a similar theme to games like MTG where the player is a summoner with a range of monsters and abilities to choose from, as my play group are current and ex-MTG players that is a theme that resonated well for us.

Is KoT a superior game? No, just one that appeals to different gamers than Quarriors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LordHellfury wrote:
Yeah, I read your bevy of comments in the podcast section.

Never said you didn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.