Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack McHugh
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hi,

I'm in Westville, NJ 08093--looking for someone who wants to do some face to face gaming.

Right now I'm looking for work so free most days.

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack

Why don't you come up to Eastern PA Games Society tomorrow (Saturday the 4th).

We are meeting in the Community room at the Oxford Valley Mall.

Joe

Google maps says its about 38 miles for you, around 50 minutes by car.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack McHugh
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Joe,

I've tried EPGS several times and the main reason I don't go anymore is this: because there are no unattached war gamers there so I end up playing Euros. I also tried to make plans both in person and on through the EPGS yahoo groups to play war games and have either been turned down or gotten no reply. (Every time I do find a war gamer to play at EPGS, and this happened twice in the last few years, they announce after our first meeting or two that they had a life changing event--going back to school or getting a divorce and will not becoming back again.)

Given that EPGS is a hour ride plus a $5 bridge toll plus gas money and I have to pay the club $10 a meeting or $60 a year, its not worth for me to go up there and hope to find a war gamer.

Its fine for all the people who live 10 or 15 minutes away to go stag--they can just go home if they can't find a game, but I'm out two hours of my time and at least $25 in gas, tolls and meeting costs.

Its simply not worth my time because I live so far away. If it were closer or I could arrange something in advance, fine but I'm tired of shelping all the way up there and then playing several Euros because all the two player war gamers are spoken for or already agreed at the last meeting (but didn't bother to announce it outside the last meeting) that all agreed to play some multi-game like Civilization or Here I Stand that I don't want to play.

Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack McHugh
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Joe,

I also see you didn't offer to play anything with me which tells me you already have someone you meet and play games with so you can't play any two player games with me. That's true of most of the people willing to play two player war games at the EPGS. There is another subset of 2 player war gamers who won't play 2 player war games at EPGS because they tell me they do that outside the club--the club is for multi-player gaming only. And no, they won't play muli-player war games that I want to play like Kingmaker because they are older than two years old, but I'm welcome to play Here I Stand again for the 12th week in a row or whatever the current flavor of the month is.

(The players who only play 2 player war games outside of EPGS generally won't play me outside the club because either I don't live within 30 minutes of the Oxford Valley Mall thus am too far away or they already have gamers they play with outside the club and therefor won't play me as their dance card is filled. One guy actually introduced himself and asked me where I lived, when he found out I was an hour away he LITERALLY got up and walked away while as soon as he found out how far I had to drive, like I wasn't even worth talking to.)

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.