Jason Eaton
United States
West Bloomfield
Michigan
flag msg tools
So if the heroes win Ritual of Shadow, and Cardinal's Plight was never even played, the overlord will not have the Staff of Shadows to be taken. Now the rules say treat unplayed quests as if the Overlord won them, but does that mean he should be awarded all the artifacts that he would have won if it was actually played? Nothing in the rules suggests that to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
BananaForSale wrote:
So if the heroes win Ritual of Shadow, and Cardinal's Plight was never even played, the overlord will not have the Staff of Shadows to be taken. Now the rules say treat unplayed quests as if the Overlord won them, but does that mean he should be awarded all the artifacts that he would have won if it was actually played? Nothing in the rules suggests that to me.

It's only treated as if the Overlord won it for the purpose of determining which Act II quest is available (although I suppose thematically you could probably implement a house rule that the OL gets the reward if for your group the OL tends to have a more difficult time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
BananaForSale wrote:

It's only treated as if the Overlord won it for the purpose of determining which Act II quest is available (although I suppose thematically you could probably implement a house rule that the OL gets the reward if for your group the OL tends to have a more difficult time).

We played it that I had the staff for that quest (both parts) but since it doesn't say that I keep it after I won, I didn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.