São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
Hey, mouseover!
badge
Hey, mouseover!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all

I will have a meeting in Italy (Treviso)from October 10th to 19th. I'm still not sure I will manage to attend, but if I do, I was thinking of going to Essen for first time.

Can anyone point me out how I can reach Essen from Treviso? Some cheap alternative?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jabagi K
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend htt://bahn.de. You can find all details for different trains. Here is what I found for October 19th:

Treviso Centrale Fr, 19.10.12 dep 21:42 CNL 358 City Night Line
Subject to compulsory reservation, Bicycles conveyed - subject to reservation, Number of bicycles conveyed limited, 2nd class only seated accommodation, Sleeping-car, Couchettes, snacks and beverages available from sleeping-car/couchette-car attenda, City Night Line
München Hbf Sa, 20.10.12 arr 06:15 12
Transfer time 34 min.
Adjust the transfer time
München Hbf Sa, 20.10.12 dep 06:49 23 ICE 728 Intercity-Express
Bordbistro, Wifi on routes München-Stuttgart-Mannheim-Frankfurt-Köln-Dortmund

9 hours on a night train plus 5 hours and you arrive at Essen around Saturday noon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a little more than 1,000 km - going by car should take about 7 to 9 hours on a Saturday. Depending on your speed (remember: no speed limit on German highways). meeple

Vienna - Essen is 958 km and we need 8 hours on Wednesday to get there and 7 hours on Saturday (when we drive home).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Williams
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
www.ormistonwhisky.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had a quick look at Air Berlin. About 250 euros round trip from Dusseldorf to Venice. Dusseldorf Airport has a rail station and Essen is about 30 mins away.
Possibly other airlines cheaper.
Hope you can make it, its a great experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
It's a little more than 1,000 km - going by car should take about 7 to 9 hours on a Saturday. Depending on your speed (remember: no speed limit on German highways). meeple

Remember as well: School holidays are going to end for two German states, including NRW itself, and are going to start for five other German states on that weekend. So maybe the question isn't "how fast is your car" but "how much time can you endure about being stuck in traffic jams".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
A skinned math nerd wrote:
PzVIE wrote:

Remember as well: School holidays are going to end for two German states, including NRW itself, and are going to start for five other German states on that weekend. So maybe the question isn't "how fast is your car" but "how much time can you endure about being stuck in traffic jams".

Ouch! That's a valuable hint! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A skinned math nerd wrote:
Indeed. Stick to trains or planes. Essen on a Saturday/Sunday is exhausting enough without a long drive on both ends...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanz RafDE
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan Air from Treviso to Bremen. Train from Bremen to Essen. Voilá. Enjoy your stay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.