Subject: Flash...Thunder! Special Rules Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played "Flash...Thunder!" today and it seems to me that placing an American leader adjacent to the other unit (after rolling them up on the chart) can be a far too easy way for the Germans to get victory points. If the German is close enough to the American who is "clacking" and the result is chart A, he can easily place a lone leader adjacent to one of the German units and then eliminate it in melee (basically for free). The leader would be spotted because of adjacency so there is nothing stopping the German from doing that. It makes perfect sense for more multiple units to be placed adjacent to each other when they are MMCs (or even heroes), but I think leaders would be stacked with something to avoid the automatic elimination.

Come to think of it, is anything stopping the placing player from stacking a newly placed unit with another unit that is already on the board? How about with an enemy unit (initiating immediate melee)?

Here's another question about the special rules in this scenario:
If a newly placed unit has an even die-roll and is marked with a "Moved" counter can it be fired on with Opportunity Fire (even possibly by the "clacking unit" which has just been marked "Ops Complete")?

Also, I guess the American has to keep clacking and rolling even when he has taken all reinforcements and the only number still available to roll is 11 (for miscellaneous events).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.