Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Barnes and Noble has Gone to $2.00 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hello Acme... Two Words - Product Liability!!
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today, Friday 08/03/12, B & N went to $2.00 on their clearence.

I personally saw (and grabbed some)

Scotland Yard

Ravensburger Edition

Carcassonne: Expansion 2 – Traders & Builders

Timeline

Locale

Word on the Street

Whirled Peas

And more

Others are still finding

Days of Steam & Fresco but I did not see any at the places that I stopped at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Crawford
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Underwriter wrote:

Scotland Yard

Ravensburger Edition

Carcassonne: Expansion 2 – Traders & Builders

Timeline

Locale

Word on the Street

Whirled Peas

And more

Others are still finding

Days of Steam & Fresco but I did not see any at the places that I stopped at.

I picked up 4 copies of Star Trek Deck Building Game: The Next Generation today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Eggert
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
For N.J. folks, as of 8:30pm on Friday, 8/3...

Princeton, NJ (Meadow Road) had:
SQUAT (maybe a Family Guy game of some sort)

North Brunswick, NJ (Route 1) had:
2 Carcassonne: T&B expansions
1 Timeline
and mostly books left.

East Brunswick, NJ (Route 18) had:
5 Carcassonne: T&B expansions
2 Timeline
4 Launch Pad
and a few of the party games (but no Pressure Point since I grabbed the last one as a gift to make me feel better about the gas used for the trip).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Thornton
United States
Wentzville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All that was left with the red dot $2 was about 6 copies of MASH and 1 Modern family game. At least the new game sections had the best game availability and selection that I'd seen, albeit at full MSRP.

edit: St. Peters, Missouri location
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brianeikunst wrote:
For N.J. folks, as of 8:30pm on Friday, 8/3...

East Brunswick, NJ (Route 18) had:

Hey Brian,

East Brunswick? Memories...I graduated from EBHS eons ago...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mal Content
United States
Caln Township
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Picked up a bunch of stuff at the Exton, PA B&N: Party Gras, Whirled Peas, Prolix, Launch Pad, 2 Pajama Party Games (Dance Maker, Mash Party), ST Deck Building, Love It/Hate It, and Carcassonne T&B. Also a couple of nice puzzles.

Timely, since my soon-to-be-8-year-old twin granddaughters celebrate their birthday this week and some of these will make nice little extras for their birthday bonanzas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped by the one in Valencia, CA, not expecting to find anything since it was rather late in the day and Valencia is...well, it's Valencia. So I was pretty thrilled to walk away with Carcassonne: Traders and Builders, Launch Pad, and Prolix. They also had a bunch of Mash Party, Scene It, and some game with Mardi Gras beads, as well as many jigsaw puzzles.

However, what really made my day was that the store had two copies of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen--Century: 1969 in the clearance bin. I picked up the first volume in the series (also at a discount) a couple years ago and had almost totally forgotten about it, but Alan Moore and LoEG are brilliant, and the art for this one is suitably trippy for the time period. A real find for anybody else who's a graphic novel fan.

As far as the board games go, I might have overdone it, but I still ended up spending less than I did on lunch at McDonalds. Don't have the Carcassonne base game yet, and the other two games were just blind buys. I'm debating whether to open them up or use them as Christmas presents... devil

Wish I'd seen Scotland Yard! If anybody else picked it up and wants to trade for one of the games I took home, lemme know.

EDIT: Also, this was the first time I've been to this particular location, and I was floored by their selection of new games at full MSRP. Arkham Horror, Mansions of Madness, Tsuro, Pandemic, three different Munchkins, Small World, Ticket To Ride, all the recent Dungeons and Dragons board games, Dominion, Carcassonne, Settlers of Catan, and that's just what I can remember off the top of my head. Good music playing too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
msg tools
For Days of Steam, you can check on the website if any store has it. For a lot of the Chicago AREA stores in which I just looked up a lot of them I see none of them have it. I guess who wouldn't want to try a game (especially a train game) for $2 especially when it's worth so much.

It's weird how they don't have a Find In Store for Scottland Yard, but yet they list it online...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Howell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had zero luck and that B&N sales in the past, so I think I'll pass on trying to hunt some of these down. I've been to the West County, Clayton and Florissant B&N stores here in St. Louis recently and never saw Days of Steam, Scotland Yard and some of the others...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Yeah
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Where's my YEAH?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lucky you! I bought Scotland Yard and Star Trek DBG and Star Trek Expeditions last month for half-price. I looked today and saw no games at all for $2. So, it must be cleaned out. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Underwriter wrote:

Scotland Yard

Ravensburger Edition

You made out like a bandit. I would have loved to get my hands on Scotland Yard, but no such luck at my nearby stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For a few years, whenever I saw these threads, I'd visit a few B&N stores in RI and MA. But never did a one of them have anything worth buying on clearance. (Often, they had no clearance at all and/or no games worth buying). I have come to the conclusion that these super-mega-clearance-sales just don't happen in my corner of New England -- although if anyone from MA/RI has had experience otherwise, I'd love to know about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Adkins
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Same here, I have never seen any clearances in the Barnes and Nobles in the Portland Area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Larson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Madkins84 wrote:
Same here, I have never seen any clearances in the Barnes and Nobles in the Portland Area.

Uh, the Lloyd Center B&N had Dread Pirate and the Catan Builders and Traders expansion at the 50% off point, and still had Launch Pad, Prolix and Sorry Sliders at 75% off; the Clackamas Town Center B&N had Star Trek: Expeditions and Spotcha! at 75% off; and the Tanasborne Town Center B&N had Fresco at 75% off and my kids got a ton of Redakai at $2.00 a tin.

It was just a matter of checking regularly, though I didn't pick up on every deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hit all inland SoCal Barnes and Nobles this weekend (darn BGG for being down on Friday). All but my local place were complete busts - someone got up earlier than me.

Even with my place, someone it before me but left me two Days of Steam, three Prolix, a Launch Pad and some other party games I bought just to take the components. For $1.80 (with a member discount), it was worth many of them for the dry erase pens, timers and some cards I can reuse for two party game protos I'm working on. I bought twenty games and the woman at the counter said, "This is nothing compared to what some other guy bought yesterday..." Curse you, masked man!

Also, got some pretty good books - including a gorgeous book on Fleetwood Mac that retailed for $53. Not bad for $1.80...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harper Hobbs
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Springfield, MO

1 Carcassonne: Traders and Builder
3 Buzzword Junior
Some Prolix
Some Cadoo
A sh*t ton of different puzzles

However they definitely have the 2nd best hobby board game selection in town (Metagames #1).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.