Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Stewart writes:

Alan, Donna, Chris, Greg

Despite a very slow start, no resources received in first 8 rolls of the dice, though my initial builds being on 8-4 (both grain), and 6 (stone)-4-2 (both sheep), [I built 4th], I managed to come from behind to win!

Card buying and cities was the only viable strategy, as I only built 3 roads after my initial placement. The 7 came up a lot in the last half of the game, and I was the only player not to lose resource cards due to such a roll, mainly because I never had more than 6 resource cards at any time! Donna managed to roll a 7 at the worst time, and if that hadn't happened she would have taken back Longest Road and maybe won.

On the last turn I couldn't upgrade to a city for the last point, but bought a card which was a VP one.

Alan: 10 = 2 cities + 2 settlements + Largest Army (4 played Knight cards) + 2 VP cards
Chris: 8 = 1 city + 4 settlements + Longest Road (had an unplayed Knight, which we had assumed was a VP card)
Greg: 7 = 2 cities + 3 settlements
Donna: 5 = 1 city + 4 settlements (2 played Knight cards)

Build order - Greg, Donna, Chris, Alan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.