Popular Tags: [View All]
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
mbmbmbmbmb
True or false...

The investigators decide on their turn order each round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Hedfors
Sweden
Sollentuna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
True
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheunce wrote:
True

True.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone!

I am pumped, tonight I make my first run at the game and am preparing so that I can explain it well to the other three players...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One last thing, once the investigators decide is it necessary or important to declare the order so that the keeper is aware, or is it intentionally kept secret from the keeper until the actual turn comes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just let the investigators go in any order, and once they've all gone once, the Keeper gets to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Digman
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Testing...1 2 3
mbmbmbmbmb
Investigators can go in any order, but the keeper needs to watch for the chance to play cards, enforce horror, and generally cause more chaos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Salimo wrote:
One last thing, once the investigators decide is it necessary or important to declare the order so that the keeper is aware, or is it intentionally kept secret from the keeper until the actual turn comes...

The intent of the rule seems to be "After an investigator's turn ends, any other investigator can begin their turn, and this continues until everyone's turn has been taken", not "At the start of each game round, there's an unwritten special discussion phase in which the investigators determine and lock in their turn order for that game round". The latter is clunky, unnatural, and would significantly slow the game down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I predict you will LIKE this game, Salim.

Chick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
I predict you will LIKE this game, Salim.

Chick

Chick, when I noticed you were such a fan, my hopes of liking it increased knowing how much you like CC:E...I'll let you know how the session goes tomorrow...last minute prep, game starts in 45 min...!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Salimo wrote:

I think it still would be possible to change the order in the meantime in order to react to a new situation. But still important it is that the Keeper is not confused by how the Investigators play their turn.

Also keep in mind: An Investigator has to perform all his actions at once; it is not possible to split things up.

All the best!
Liam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.