Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Keller
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
When I received my copy of this game the 'A' divider was outside the tower and I don't know which is the proper side to have pointed up when it's inserted.

The 'A' square and the 'B' square have a printed A or B with a Yellow Background on one side.

The 'B' square has the letter B pointing towards the bottom of the tower. I naturally assumed that I should assemble the tower with the A side underneath as well.

I'm questioning it now because at 8:36 in this video (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/17284/wallenstein/miami-d...) the A side is on the upper side. Which is correct? I ask because I'm sure one side is more prone to work better than having the other side up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived in the same way too. I assume you know tab A goes into slot A, but your question is referring to which side is up? For example, should the sharper edge be facing up, or the smoother edge be facing up?

I just inserted it with tab A fitting into slot A and it aligned with the other tab(s) and slot(s). Am I missing something? Maybe I should go look at my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Keller
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
Hmm, not sure how I can explain it clearer.

In tom's video, at 8:36 you can see that the top divider has the 'A' with the yellow background visible.

I installed mine flipped. If Tom's was installed like mine then you wouldn't be able to see the 'A' with the yellow background. I chose to put the 'A' side down because that is how the B tile was already installed (ie. if you look from underneath the tower you can see the 'b' with the blue background). This also makes more sense aesthetically as you can only see artwork when peeking into the top as opposed to seeing the letter/yellow.

**To clarify, this divider can be installed either way and the cube holes line up differently as a result.**
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, now I understand. Would one orientation be more prone to prevent the freedom of movement for the cubes? For example, by looking straight down from the top of the tower... having the holes in one orientation might allow for more uninterrupted free fall while the other orientation allows for more interruption?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Muñoz
Netherlands
The Hague
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same question here... Has anyone already found the answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Poplawski
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Meetup.com Victoria German Language Meetup Group
badge
Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil.
mbmbmbmbmb
I received this game recently and I'm looking forward to playing it. The A panel was not installed inside the tower, so I had the same issue as others here, apparently.

I presumed that the yellow A tab printing was intended to be downward, just as the B was preinstalled.

After I installed the panel, the coloured tabs match up inside the cube and can't be seen when peering down into the tower, so that's what I presume was intended.

Cubes do indeed get caught in there in my tests. Your mileage may vary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Varela
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm "resurrecting" this post because I can't find a precise answer. I've searched Wallenstein (first edition) and Shogun as well, and the question is still unanswered.

If you place "A" yellow tab downward, you'll get the following configuration:

Image by hotrodqt (Shogun)

If you place it upward:

Image by drasher25 (Shogun)

In the first case, there's a clear space where cubes fall right down to the tray. In the latter, more cubes are trapped in the tower.

I've only played with A downward, and I got far too many cubes down to the tray. I haven't tried the other way, so I'm wondering if anyone has a more definitive answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got a copy of the big box. I have 2 A tabs. I saw the differences in the A and B here https://boardgamegeek.com/image/1825397/amerigo. I think I will modify one into the B level. It's hidden in so it won't be seen so well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.