Rich Uncle Pennybags
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As my gaming career continues, I have discovered a proclivity toward games with movement over games with placement and/or set-collection. I would like to hear if other gamers hold a preference in their playing. Also, I wouldn't mind some good recommendations for games whose PRINCIPAL mechanic is movement even if placement and collection are present in the same game. JWA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question. i'm not really into set collection, it just doesn't float my boat.

Movement and placement though. never really thought of it.

Could you provide some examples of games you do enjoy and why you like the mechanism in that game?
]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first thought is "movement in service of what"?

Area majority? Direct conflict? Delivery? Racing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Uncle Pennybags
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was thinking somewhat generically, I simply prefer to move pieces once they are on the board as opposed to leaving them where they were placed. While they are not the highest rated games I have played them a few times and prefer the movement of Jamaica and Journey to the Center of the Earth than say Settlers of Catan. Moving to collect,or for direct conflict, delivery, or racing are more favorable to me than say the static setting of Carcassonne. I don't particularly like 'roll and move', but prefer it to 'place and stay'.JWA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.