Greece
Thessaloniki
greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi there!
i have finish by now WWII and korea campaign and i realized that
there is nowhere in the game flamethrower weapons...

i thought about an H-P counter which will lower the cover of the card it fires on 0(no hide from the fire!) and if it would be on a jungle or forest card it should be an extra -1 to the NCM.

how do you like this idea?
i am thinking to make and print such a weapon team.
maybe in 2nd edition?????

just my thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think they were used very often if ever in Normandy, so there's nothing wrong with that there. They wouldn't really fit in. There are some engineers that are available for some of the missions - those guys probably had the flamethrowers, but they're abstracted.

I don't have the knowledge to talk about Korea, but I suspect it may have been the same. No lines of heavy fortifications to deal with.

I'm almost certain Ben will be adding them in when the Marines game comes out though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the campaigns in volume I, the flamethrower was not used. It is included in volume II, in both the man portable and vehicle mounted versions. Marine companies were assigned an assault squad that had 2 flamethrowers and 2 bazookas. I was playtesting Peleliu mission 1 at WBC this past week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ahilleas stanidis
Greece
Thessaloniki
greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benhull wrote:
In the campaigns in volume I, the flamethrower was not used. It is included in volume II, in both the man portable and vehicle mounted versions. Marine companies were assigned an assault squad that had 2 flamethrowers and 2 bazookas. I was playtesting Peleliu mission 1 at WBC this past week.
great news!!
thank you for your time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.