Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

No Retreat! The Russian Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: Counter Attacks and Advance After Combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Whittemore
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that if the phasing player attacks and clears a hex (via EX, DR, DS, or DD results), they may advance after combat.

If the attacker instead gets a CA (counter attack) result, and the defender(s) ends up clearing the attacker's hex of units, do the defenders get to advance after combat or do they sit tight?

If there are multiple attacking hexes, on a CA result where the defender rolls a DR, do all attacking hexes retreat? Would the defender be able to advance after combat into any of those hexes?

Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeWhit wrote:
I understand that if the phasing player attacks and clears a hex (via EX, DR, DS, or DD results), they may advance after combat.

If the attacker instead gets a CA (counter attack) result, and the defender(s) ends up clearing the attacker's hex of units, do the defenders get to advance after combat or do they sit tight?


Yes they can advance, it's a new combat routine, so absolutely. Just follow the combat result instructions.

P.S: On an "EX" result you cannot advance after combat, EVEN if you clear the hex of enemy units.

EX = Exchange: Both sides lose one step. Neither side Retreats or Advances.

MikeWhit wrote:
If there are multiple attacking hexes, on a CA result where the defender rolls a DR, do all attacking hexes retreat? Would the defender be able to advance after combat into any of those hexes?


Yes all the attacking hexes retreat. And yes he could advance in all the hexes (assuming he has enough units to do so). Just follow the regular combat rules (see 10.3.2 and 10.3.5).
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Whittemore
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Carl - thanks for your answer and for correcting my mistake. Also thanks for this excellent game!

Since you say CAs are a new combat routine, I have another related question:

Can a player play cards like "Play after a Soviet attack is rolled..." in response to a counter attack? For example, could the above card be played by a German phasing player when the Soviet player elects to perform a counter attack result?

Thanks again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeWhit wrote:
Carl - thanks for your answer and for correcting my mistake. Also thanks for this excellent game!

Since you say CAs are a new combat routine, I have another related question:

Can a player play cards like "Play after a Soviet attack is rolled..." in response to a counter attack? For example, could the above card be played by a German phasing player when the Soviet player elects to perform a counter attack result?

Thanks again.


Yes, absolutely, you could play such a card.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.