Subject: Board Games from Auction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C. Butcher
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi
I was at an auction today and picked up a box that have some board game pieces in it.

One was a Version 8 Monopoly board and all the metal and wood pieces, and money in a plastic bag.

A game called "Big Business" New 1937 Edition, with the board and a small box with all the pieces and instructions.

The last one is "Foto World" by Cadaco, I have the box, spinner wheel, the board and some cards. Does anyone know what the gamers pieces where or what they looked like? I have a bag of pieces that look to be from a number of games.

These and a game called "Go to the head of the class" for $10.00.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can look them up by typing the name in the search box at the top of the page, where you can find a lot of information about them.

They are likely not worth what you paid for them, which is what I'm guessing you really want information on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to the Head of the Class - No component list. I'd just look through the photos.

No entry for "Foto World"

Big Business - Rules with component list from 1959 Edition: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/16179/big_business_rules_1...

Monopoly - Not sure about Version 8, but here is some page that I google'd on old Monopoly editions:
http://monopoly.cdbpdx.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. Butcher
United States
California
flag msg tools
Mathue
Thanks for the links....
I have the rule book for the Big Business 1937 edition. Is there somewhere on the board to upload scans of material for someone who needs a copy?

I can only find that Foto World was the first game for Cadaco-Ellis in about 1935 and only 2000 where produced. I found five colored cubes about a quarter the size of a Die, which I am hoping are the game pieces.

Windowpain I might have known you in the 60's in Frisco.........
Yes I do buy and sell stuff, but I find values on Ebay Completed sales.

This Foto World is a history lesson, some of the cards direct you to Mecca Arabia to shot film of the Mosque taboo to photographers.
also to Manchukuo which was the puppet state set up in China by the Japanese. And let us not forget Berlin for Nazi and Rome for Fascists.
Different world back then....
Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gmcco wrote:
Mathue
Thanks for the links....
I have the rule book for the Big Business 1937 edition. Is there somewhere on the board to upload scans of material for someone who needs a copy?

If you go to the game's page and scroll down 2/3 of the way to the "Files" section, then you'll see an option to upload. After you upload them, they won't actually be listed until a moderator approves the file.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Foto World" was evidently Cadaco's first game and only 2000 copies were made according to what I googoled in 10 seconds...

There was one listed on ebay but guy took pictures down already. Box top image and text of listing is still there.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-1937-Foto-World-Cadaco-Comple...

Parts:
* Playing board (20"x29")
* 43 cards (4 of which are blank-these are for players to add their own assignment)
* 6 Bakelite playing pieces
* metal spinner.

Play instructions are in the lid.

Please take photos of game and add it BGG database!

Herb

PS - Remember that "rare" doesn't necessarily mean valuable. Somebody has to want it for you to be able to sell it at all. Practically many somebodies have to want it for it to be pricey so that they bid against one another. Unless there is some die hard Cadaco collectors, or the game has a interesting theme like Disney, it will not likely be something that you can sell and retire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. Butcher
United States
California
flag msg tools
Herb
Looks like I am missing one game piece, but I have more cards than that game.

I am scanning the rule book for "Big Business 1937" and will add that to the files on the "Big Business" page.
Where would I upload the photos for Foto World?

I know about rare and value... I collect Antique Outboards and when you buy them for $100 add $200 in parts, $100 in paint and prep, 20 to 40 hours of labor and you wind up with a nice motor worth about $100 to most people... you do it for the joy not the money.

Thanks for the help
Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What are you doing!? I don't even know you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please do not submit rule scans to the file section unless you have express permission from the rights holder. BGG doesn't allow it, and it can lead to a suspension of your account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. Butcher
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ok, I will not upload the file. Thanks for the heads up.
C
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.