Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Schwartz
United States
Holbrook
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't sure where to post this, and I'm not looking for anyone HERE to buy the game, I'd prefer Ebay, but let's say I want to sell a board game, which I've never done....

I own Civilization: The Board Game, and I don't like it at all, so I would like to sell it.

What kind of shipping does one generally do, and how much does it normally cost? I can figure out the starting bid, but the actual sending of the game is what scares me

Thanks

BRian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Baker
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend taking a look at USPS's flat rate boxes. I think Civilization would fit well into the Medium Box and that would run $10 or so. You don't have to worry about weight, so that makes things easier. I'd pick up some packing peanuts or paper to fill in the excess space in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on which Civ:TBG you are talking about. The Fantasy Flight Games one would fit in the box mentioned. The older Eagle games version would not. It's terrible though, and everyone knows it, so you will have a hard time selling it. But put it up on the marketplace and see what happens...

Good Luck, you'll need it. Unless it's the FFG version, which should sell pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schwartz
United States
Holbrook
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the Fantasy Flight Games version, FYI

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sheely
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just have the buyer pay the shipping - whatever that is. I've sent and received a lot of games and none have been damaged. One was simply wrapped in brown paper with no box!

Another option is trading it. Go to Bazaar - trades - direct matches. Then propose a trade. You may get a faster response.

Edit: Currently there are over 400 people who want the game and there are a lot of copies for sale. Personally, I'ld list several games you may want in "Your Collection" as 'Want in Trade', then find a match through the Bazaar.

Otherwise, you may be waiting a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.