Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently in Pai with plans to return to Chiang Mai on the 7th and Bangkok on the 8th. I located a shop in Bangkok, but have been unable to locate the shop in Chiang Mai I've read about (Niinoi Boardgame shop).

That aside, I've yet to find any solid pricing information for titles in THB. I'm looking to purchase a few FFG titles for cheaper than US offerings if they're prices as such (for example, Rex would be worth a purchase if it were locally listed for less than 1,605.48 THB).

So my question is two fold:

1. What are Thai prices likes for these kind of games? I'm mainly looking at FFG LCG content, but might be inclined to purchase a Ystari title if they're available as well.

2. Can somebody suggest where I might go in Chiang Mai and/or Bangkok for a decent deal on these titles?

The Bangkok store I know of is called Battlefield Bangkok.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Worth board game shoping while in Thailand (compared to USA prices?)
As for the game store in Chiang Mai, I can't help you there, but as for game prices in Thailand, well, I'll be straight up with you here. Board games are a little more expensive here in Thailand than what you can get in the US.

As for Battlefield Bangkok, ask for Chris. He is a very nice chap and very knowledgeable about the gaming scene in Thailand. In fact, he might even be able to help you with finding that Chaing Mai store if it's still around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How funny. I usually try to buy games when I am in the US as they are cheaper than in the UK.

Last April, I tried to visit Battlefileds in BKK but I went too early (before 3PM) and the shop was not open yet (week day). A shame as it looked great from outside. It is a bit of a walk from the BTS (Especially in a Songkhran heat!) so I suggest you take a motorbike (should be about 10-15 Baht no more.

~J
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sanderson
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
BATTLEFIELD BANGKOK STORE OWNER
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Enish

As Ray mentioned we're a bit more expensive than the US in general due to shipping and import taxes. Though we may be cheaper for some of the gear from the UK such as Games Workshop miniatures

Cheers

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Fogg
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im arriving in BKK next monday and Id love to hop over the shop and maybe play some games. Of course, if I can find either Merchants of Venus, or some other FFG stuff I might just buy it...a little more expensive than US means a lot cheaper than in Spain!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
William_Fogg wrote:
Im arriving in BKK next monday and Id love to hop over the shop and maybe play some games. Of course, if I can find either Merchants of Venus, or some other FFG stuff I might just buy it...a little more expensive than US means a lot cheaper than in Spain!

I would normally say drop me a PM and let's meet up to get some gaming in, but I'm just swamped at work right now and won't have a break until October 16th, 17th or 18th at latest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sanderson
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
BATTLEFIELD BANGKOK STORE OWNER
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good, look forward to seeing you in town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.