Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Lyons
United States
Eastlake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well we took a drive out to our game store and I had hopes of getting dungeon twister 2 but they were sold out,so we looked and looked and I been meaning to get Claustrophobia and so I just picked it out.
I know this is not my wife's first pick and not even really her theme but she played it anyway. The rules were ok,we fumbled through our first game with rule book in hand. So the wife was so so with the game as you couldn't really get into the game as you had to pause and read just about every turn and not being her theme made it really drag on.

So by the end of the game we pretty much knew what we were doing and was still playing it wrong but we just called it a learning game and put it away until tomorrow and give it another shot.

I was wondering how do you think Dungeon Twister compares to Claustrophobia? First off how are the rules,We always have problems playing a new game but like I said by the end we were getting it and im sure with a few more plays through we wouldnt even need the rule book.
So are the rules more complex for DT,or would you say about the same learning curve?
Also what about the game in general,is it similar to Claustrophobia at all or completely different?
We are going to play through some more and I'll see how she feels about it,im just wondering if it turns out she doesnt like Claustrophobia should I even bother picking up Dungeon Twister.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's somewhat harder to learn Dungeon Twister than Claustrophobia. If theme was a problem for your wife, I wonder if you might look for something other than another fantasy combat game. Is there another theme that might appeal to both of you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lyons
United States
Eastlake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it's not so much the actual theme as it is the flow of the game,She likes to go head to head and screw you over type of thing. The theme appeals to me,I know its not her favorite thing but she will see past it if its a good game. How much more rules are there compared to Claustrophobia,are they just more to remember or just more complex in movement etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ProfitOfDoom wrote:
She likes to go head to head and screw you over type of thing.

I'm missing something there, because that sounds to me like a perfect description of Claustrophobia.

ProfitOfDoom wrote:
How much more rules are there compared to Claustrophobia,are they just more to remember or just more complex in movement etc.?

I think there's more to remember, but they are really very different games. You have no dice in Dungeon Twister, it's far more chesslike. I'd say you go head to head and try to screw one another over in both games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Dickson
ACT
flag msg tools
??!
badge
And when you gaze long into Ducky Momo, Ducky Momo also gazes into you.
mb
ProfitOfDoom wrote:
First off how are the rules,We always have problems playing a new game

Dungeon Twister 2: Prison (stand-alone sequel) comes with a set of learning scenarios that introduce the rules slowly -- e.g. in the first one you play on a half-size map with a quarter of the characters and can't attack each other. It's quite good for easing into it... but it does mean you'll have to play half a dozen times before finding out what the "real" game is like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lyons
United States
Eastlake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
ProfitOfDoom wrote:
She likes to go head to head and screw you over type of thing.

I'm missing something there, because that sounds to me like a perfect description of Claustrophobia.

ProfitOfDoom wrote:
How much more rules are there compared to Claustrophobia,are they just more to remember or just more complex in movement etc.?

I think there's more to remember, but they are really very different games. You have no dice in Dungeon Twister, it's far more chesslike. I'd say you go head to head and try to screw one another over in both games.

Im hoping that when we play through and get all the rule's right it will turn into a head to head close game,But our first experience didn't go to smooth as we were learning as we played and kept flipping through pages of the rule book then after all that we forgot to keep track of the tiles. lol,im like no way can I survive through that entire stack of tiles,and didnt realize I was only to make it through 10 of them So we have a pretty good understanding on how it works now,plus I went on the forum and read through all the rules question and read the rule book again,so next time Im hoping it turns out to be that game we had in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
You are in for a treat!

Claustrophobia is wonderful! Fate just handed you a winning card.

It took me 3 tries before I nailed the rules to Claustrophobia. Only then did I play it with others. I would never go for a play as you learn approach to any game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.