Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Waller
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't figure out how event checks work from the rule book or previous forums. Please help!

1. I understand that an event check happens when the sleeve reads "EVENT". What about when you get to a paragraph however and it reads "place an event marker" such as in 572?

2. When making an event check, which of the following is the right way to do it:
enter hex F3, roll two dice (7+5), check F12
or
enter hex F3, roll two dice (7+5), check column 12 on the F3 sheet
(same as O12)

3. How do you do event checks on the event phase of rounds? The rules state "This event check is resolved in the same way as an event check during operations", and I get that there is a random dice roll and check. But was column do we use? I haven't just moved into a hex so I can't use that to guide me like during operations. Do I use what is currently on the view sleeve? This one really has me stumped. blush

Any help is appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwallerrocks wrote:

1. I understand that an event check happens when the sleeve reads "EVENT". What about when you get to a paragraph however and it reads "place an event marker" such as in 572?

Just do as it says and place the marker. The only effect is that until next Condition change you do not do a paragraph check when entering that hex.

jwallerrocks wrote:

2. When making an event check, which of the following is the right way to do it:
enter hex F3, roll two dice (7+5), check F12
or
enter hex F3, roll two dice (7+5), check column 12 on the F3 sheet
(same as O12)

None of the above. Events have their own column on the sheet, so check 12 on the event column.

jwallerrocks wrote:

3. How do you do event checks on the event phase of rounds? The rules state "This event check is resolved in the same way as an event check during operations", and I get that there is a random dice roll and check. But was column do we use? I haven't just moved into a hex so I can't use that to guide me like during operations. Do I use what is currently on the view sleeve? This one really has me stumped. blush

I think my answer to question 2 also answers this.

Hope that helped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Waller
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Never saw the RE column before! God I love this site. Thanks Pelle.

Oh, and now I know why I couldn't find the answer on previous forums. Turns out the answer was quite obvious! Who knew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
william hill
msg tools
mb
however, the next condition change does requires the removal of all Event markers (regardless of cause, or when it happens, right?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
retrosoldier wrote:
however, the next condition change does requires the removal of all Event markers (regardless of cause, or when it happens, right?)

Yes, removing old event markers is part of the procedure for changing to a new condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.