Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero Equipment Tips (Part 4) – Act 2 Shop Deck

Hi all, finishing my discussion of the equipment in the game. This time I will talk about the Act 2 shop deck. In this deck I am looking for any weapons that will help my characters. But if my Knight needs to wield a rune to do 3 dice damage I will do that if I have to.

Trinkets
Tival Crystal (175/75) - An action for 1 red healing is not great. I wouldn’t buy this. (1/4)
Iron Bound Ring (150/75) – The extra health is nice and the shield can be god as well. This an ok item. (2/4)

Armor
Platemail (250/125) – Black die defense is great, but this expensive and the movement penalty is huge. If you have the Dwarf and the money go for it. (2/4) [With Dwarf in party (3/4)]
Demonhide Leather (200/100) – Good Light armor. The penalty is minor and rarely comes up. Once you have act 2 weapons on all your party buy this up. (3/4)
Elven Cloak (225/100) – Expensive and only good with a high awareness hero. (1/4)
Heavy Steel Shield (100/50) – Ok if you have a shield user. (2/4)

Weapons
Latari Longbow (200/100) – nice damage bow. Get this if you have a wildander or need any act 2 weapons. (2/4) [With wildander (4/4)].
Dwarven Firebomb (175/100) – blast, stun, and range! This is a great weapon. Useful in any party. (4/4)
Lightning Strike (200/100) – blast and lots of damage. Get it for a runemaster if you lost out on the shadow rune. (3/4)
Ice Storm (150/75) – The only weapon that causes immobilize, thus it might be the best weapon in the game. Always buy this for any party. (5/4)
Grinding Axe (175/75) – Ok two handed weapon. If you have a berserker than it is great. (2/4) [With berserker (4/4)].
Steel Greatsword(200/100) – Ok two handed weapon. If you have a berserker that it is very good. (2/4) [With berserker (3/4)].
Mace of Kellos(175/75) – Worst of the act 2 weapons. Only buy if you are going into the finale and 1 of your heroes still doesn’t have an act 2 weapon. (1/4)
Dragontooth hammer(250/125) – Great damage dealer. This is an excellent weapon and it can really do a lot of damage. Great with a lot of classes. A bit expensive. (4/4)

I hope you enjoyed my look at the equipment. My favorite item is Ice Storm rune. Immobilize is the most important condition to hit melee monster with. It gives the heroes a chance in some otherwise undoable fights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
IMO Grinding Axe is better than a 2/4 for any hero that can get a surge. That includes anyone with a mana weave, berserkers, and possibly rune masters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
R N you are correct. If you can add a surge then it is 4/4. If you can add 2 beserker + mana weave then it is probably 5/4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.