Popular Tags: [View All]
William Baldwin
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So... when are we going to see someone who actually worked on this get credit? I am either going to praise or bash, and I want to give credit where credit is due.

After all, this is one of my favorite games and as Garfield was not involved, I would like to know who is since the design was changed.

If it was the original game in the box, I could see leaving off any other name, but when you alter the design, that would seem to signal another name on the box. Arkham Horror has Launius and Wilson credited.

So... who is the mystery designer(s)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Willi B wrote:
So... when are we going to see someone who actually worked on this get credit? I am either going to praise or bash, and I want to give credit where credit is due.

After all, this is one of my favorite games and as Garfield was not involved, I would like to know who is since the design was changed.

If it was the original game in the box, I could see leaving off any other name, but when you alter the design, that would seem to signal another name on the box. Arkham Horror has Launius and Wilson credited.

So... who is the mystery designer(s)?

Lukas Litzsinger. This was revealed in the first real preview, though easily missable due to the lack of fanfare: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3411 (under "Notes from the Developer," the second subsection in the article).

p.s. I submitted a correction to the Geek Mod to add Lukas' name to the Design portion of A:NR's main page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Dollinger
Germany
Aichach
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
p.s. I submitted a correction to the Geek Mod to add Lukas' name to the Design portion of A:NR's main page.

I did so too about an hour ago. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hall
United States
Marion
SC - South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Somebody at GenCon should ask Lukas at what point he got on board. I know they had him on Invasion when he first started at FFG (a couple years ago), so I would wonder how much of the NR mechanical changes are his. I know they have named him as the lead developer, but they also use that title for people who come on to the LCGs after design is already complete. And it seems like if they've had NR in the works for a few years (as Mr. Peterson said somewhere), they might've already ironed out the mechanics a while ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dangerouslycheesy wrote:
Somebody at GenCon should ask Lukas at what point he got on board. I know they had him on Invasion when he first started at FFG (a couple years ago), so I would wonder how much of the NR mechanical changes are his. I know they have named him as the lead developer, but they also use that title for people who come on to the LCGs after design is already complete. And it seems like if they've had NR in the works for a few years (as Mr. Peterson said somewhere), they might've already ironed out the mechanics a while ago.

Judging from the write-up he did for the Trace mechanic change, I'd imagine he has been deeply involved for a long while, if not from the beginning.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_nrep.asp?eidm=69

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myck Kabongo
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A Mizzou guy, eh? Well as a Kansas guy, it looks like I'm gonna need to double down on my efforts to win any tournaments that allow the winner to name/design a card so I can slip some sort of Kansas Jayhawks reference into the game cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.