James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
I haven't seen the movie Prometheus yet, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other sci fi books/movies about the idea of "directed panspermia", which "proposes that the seeds of life may have been purposely spread by an advanced extraterrestrial civilization"?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia#Directed_panspermia

I'm busy googling this question too, but I know many Geeks here are pretty knowledgeable about sci fi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, every other episode of Star Trek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Mission to Mars
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Christopher
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
In the wonderful game, Bonaparte at Marengo, this is how to get nasty Frenchies out of a village.
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Niven and H. P. Lovecraft are two authors that come immediately to mind that use this idea in their stories, and there are so many more examples written SF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike hawco
Canada
toronto
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about THE definitive work on the subject, 2001:A Space Odyssey? Both the movie and the book are fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the original setting was from the E. E. “Doc” Smith's Lensmen, where all life was from these spores. I'm not sure if it was "directed" though.

Jerry Pournell's The Mote in God's Eye(And all of that universe).

Hainish Cycle by Ursula K. LeGuin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.