Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
All the same crap day after day. Christianity - gay marriage - Christianity - Bible readings - gay marriage - Christianity - shooting black teenagers - gay marriage - Christianity - repeat, repeat, repeat.

How about the news outside the gay hatred and Christian hatred ruts?

Doesn't anyone want to talk about Harry Reid and his moronic "Mitt didn't pay taxes" rant? From the senate floor! I dunno about you people but I think Harry beats his wife, fucks his dog and allows Obama to use him as a beer and cigar caddy when it's golf day. But if Harry wants to prove those things aren't true he can produce photo documentation of every day of his entire life and his score card for every time he and Barry were on the links.

Or how about the unbelievably stupid liberal "media" that latched on to a picture of melted street lamp globes somewhere even more meaningless than where I live - Oklahoma - and the story spread to reasonably trustworthy news sites that "Global Warming" had melted the globes. I looked at the story the other day when it was thought to be accurate and my first comment was - "Did these guys go to a school run totally by Creationists? Who actually thinks it could get hot enough to melt those thick glass globes but not the fucking guy taking the picture?!"

Anyway, it wasn't too long before someone not educated at a federally-funded liberal indoctrination camp (some of you call them universities or colleges) to report that the streetlamps were melted by a dumpster fire a few feet away.

In other news Dear Leader announced that despite an increase in the unemployment rate his plan is actually creating more jobs. Huh? Oh, that ties into an article I read somewhere asking if we still need to teach Algebra on school. Because I think 8.3 is higher than 8.2 but if the president says 8.3 is actually lower than 8.2 then one of us wasn't paying attention. Or one of us is using different math. Algebra?

At this rate it appears that Obama believes that if we can only get unemployment back up to the 10% range then he will have proof that America has veered away from the ditch, avoided the cliff and been steered back onto the road to economic prosperity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
All the same crap day after day. Christianity - gay marriage - Christianity - Bible readings - gay marriage - Christianity - shooting black teenagers - gay marriage - Christianity - repeat, repeat, repeat.

Romeny - Obama - Romney - liberal media - repeat, repeat, repeat.

If your going to ask to discuse something new it helps if your not a broken record yourself.

So let's try and discues something new in RSP.

Does budha exist?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/837604/should-americans-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Doesn't anyone want to talk about Harry Reid and his moronic "Mitt didn't pay taxes" rant? From the senate floor!

Moronic like a fox, Tripp. Easiest thing in the world for Mitt to do is prove Harry Reid's a liar, but he hasn't done so. It's all rumor and speculation at this point, but it would be pretty easy to defuse and make Harry Reid look like even more of a shitheel than you already think he is.

Aside from your well-known distaste for people who don't meet your standards of sufficiently conservative, do you have any reason to think Harry Reid is lying or even wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Golux13 wrote:
...do you have any reason to think Harry Reid is lying or even wrong?

Well-

He is a weeny Democrat. Isn't that enough?

Oh, oh. You want actual evidence that Reid can be a weasel.

How about Reid's misuse of power for Coyote Springs, which increased the land value of property owned by Reid's friend Harvey Whittemore?

http://articles.latimes.com/2006/aug/29/business/fi-nevada29

(Note, this is an actual newspaper, and not Fox News.)

Mitt should just release the damn forms and get out from under this crap.

It's just dumb.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Wait! Why should he release them? Well, he already did two years worth, but this is a losing game for him because once he releases more then he's trapped and will spend the rest of the time between now and November defending what's in the tax forms rather than campaigning for president.

Why hasn't Obama released his school transcripts? Does he have something to hide? Or is he entitled to privacy, especially if he sucked at doing the work in school?

Probably the funniest (and most pathetically moronic) thing Reid has said about all this is that Romney is "hiding" money in offshore accounts. Really Harry? If he's hiding money then how come you know about it? That's not hiding, but then the game is to keep people's attention on false pejoratives against Romney while avoiding any discussion of the economy or the job performance of the current president.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Wait! Why should he release them? Well, he already did two years worth, but this is a losing game for him because once he releases more then he's trapped and will spend the rest of the time between now and November defending what's in the tax forms rather than campaigning for president.

Why hasn't Obama released his school transcripts? Does he have something to hide? Or is he entitled to privacy, especially if he sucked at doing the work in school?

Probably the funniest (and most pathetically moronic) thing Reid has said about all this is that Romney is "hiding" money in offshore accounts. Really Harry? If he's hiding money then how come you know about it? That's not hiding, but then the game is to keep people's attention on false pejoratives against Romney while avoiding any discussion of the economy or the job performance of the current president.

I mean it's just the same as constantly insisting on seeing someone birth certificate and firing them to defend themselves form accusations of not being American, what kind of person would concentrate in such trivialities.

As to the point about school reports as opposed to tax returns, I would have thought the difference as obvious, one impacts upon a person integrity and even legal standing, the other merely may be an indicator they are a bit thick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

Tripp;

I didn't take my latest thread and Christian-bashing but whatever I see see how one would.

How much can one blather about Obama and Romney? Either option just makes me glad I live elsewhere because I'd not trust either to do what needs doing in the US to actually look after the good of its people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Why hasn't Obama released his school transcripts?

Because school transcripts aren't particularly relevant to performing the job of President, but tax returns - which can show to what areas of the private sector you are tied to - frequently are. That's why candidates have been disclosing tax returns for decades. (In Romney's case it's even more relevant because he is running on his experience as a bidnessman and basically pretending his governorship didn't happen.)

Also, I'm shocked that you didn't go for the birth certificate comparison, Tripp. I mean, come on. It's right there. Last Week Tripp would have gone after that like an angry badger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sargent
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Translation: it's been over 24 hours since someone's mentioned Obama and Tripp's beginning to get the shakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm happy to discuss any religion. I can only respond to those that post which will be Christian most of the time due to simple demographics. I'd love some Muslims to post but they don't.

I usually avoid sex talk as the repression here is palpable and I can't be bothered with it. People getting stressed over game art just makes me laugh and I can't take it seriously.

US politics bores me unless I see one lying about overseas issues( which they do all the time) or pushing their religion (which they do all the time)

Also I hate buzzwords like 'think outside the box'. At the end of the day we need some blue sky thinking to keep the ball in the park. That's the paradigm shift I'm angling for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

Because school transcripts aren't particularly relevant to performing the job of President, but tax returns - which can show to what areas of the private sector you are tied to - frequently are. That's why candidates have been disclosing tax returns for decades. (In Romney's case it's even more relevant because he is running on his experience as a bidnessman and basically pretending his governorship didn't happen.)

Also, I'm shocked that you didn't go for the birth certificate comparison, Tripp. I mean, come on. It's right there. Last Week Tripp would have gone after that like an angry badger.

It's okay to disagree on this transcript point. I think it's relevant given how much Obama alludes to his "life experience" in building the character he needs to be Dear Leader. Life experience such as college performance is vital in judging Obama's qualifications because (and this is important) - he has no private sector history, entrepreneur history, job creation history, capital creation history or really, any history at all except for random drug usage, depression, identity crisis and an affinity for radical left politics. Fucking aye right it's important to know if this guy has anything that qualifies him at all. Certainly his performance up to now is not a qualification for 4 more years.

Why on earth would you be shocked about the birth certificate thing? What a load of bullshit, you know quite well I have never expressed any doubt at all. Actually, it's moot anyway, right? We already have the guy in the command cockpit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
mightygodking wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

It's okay to disagree on this transcript point. I think it's relevant given how much Obama alludes to his "life experience" in building the character he needs to be Dear Leader. Life experience such as college performance is vital in judging Obama's qualifications because (and this is important) - he has no private sector history, entrepreneur history, job creation history, capital creation history or really, any history at all except for random drug usage, depression, identity crisis and an affinity for radical left politics. Fucking aye right it's important to know if this guy has anything that qualifies him at all. Certainly his performance up to now is not a qualification for 4 more years.

Why on earth would you be shocked about the birth certificate thing? What a load of bullshit, you know quite well I have never expressed any doubt at all. Actually, it's moot anyway, right? We already have the guy in the command cockpit.

He qualified, not usualy a sign that someone has not at least some degree of academic ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Life experience such as college performance is vital in judging Obama's qualifications because (and this is important) - he has no private sector history

Other than working at a private law firm for three years and a private university for four more? Stop using "private sector" as synonymous with "businessman."

Quote:
entrepreneur history, job creation history, capital creation history or really, any history at all except for random drug usage, depression, identity crisis and an affinity for radical left politics.

WAHHH OBAMA NOT A BIDNESSMAN WAHHHH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
He qualified, not usualy a sign that someone has not at least some degree of academic ability.

You have to understand that the entire reason people are screaming about the transcripts is because the theory is that Obama only got into the top law school in the country because of affirmative action because BLACK and also he probably took a deserving white person's place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Netherlands
Den haag
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

bla. bla. bla.

Since US politics are extremely boring, and the so called political discussions on RSP are seldom about politics.

I have checked the Dutch newspapers, to see what is happening in Dutch politics today.

Out of the 22 parties that wanted to participate in the upcoming national elections, one will not participate. The party in question is the IQ-party, which did not complete the terms for being able to participate in the elections.

The IQ-parties sole political point is that they want to turn back all budget cuts, and take 31 billion from Shell, since their money is blood money, gained from robbery and murder.

Now, this is at least not as boring as discussing US politics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

You have to understand that the entire reason people are screaming about the transcripts is because the theory is that Obama only got into the top law school in the country because of affirmative action because BLACK and also he probably took a deserving white person's place.

Possibly, but he still qualified, so its hard to see how he can not have deserved his qualification

I see this as being more about trying to claim the same degree of opaqueness from Obama, even though there is no problem with his tax returns. So they are trying to invent a similar controversy because they can’t claim he is a tax avoider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Historically there has been no correlation between college grades and performance as President. But we do know that Obama graduated magna cum laude from Harvard law school and Romney graduated cum laude from the same.

It's funny, no one ever wants Romney's college transcripts or birth certificate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tripp, I think you overstate the case a bit; I just clicked on the RSP to see if the recent topics were all the same, and the top 10 threads (not including this one) were:

*What are you drinking RIGHT NOW?
*Don't get this Verichip!
*Black teenagers in Arkansas are apparently magic
*Allegation of "misogyny and objectification" in a board game.
*The Hate Update
*Should Americans be allowed to be stoned?
*On the individualism of the role of religions in people's lives
*Should Americans be allowed to stone people
*proof that gun control is impossible
*US Providing Support for Syrian Anti-Assad Forces

That seems like a reasonable mix of topics to me, and while there's a lot more P than R, and a lot more of either than S, it's still a variety.

Anyway, as for Romney, I think he's playing this one smartly. I imagine Reid is just wrong on this, if for no other reason that I don't think the GOP/Romney would have missed something glaringly obvious like "didn't pay taxes for years" when vetting the candidate. Romney knows the charge is hot air, so he can let that be the main argument against him, and reveal it to be baseless just at the right time.

Don't get me wrong, I think Romney is deceitful and a terrible choice for president, but this charge reeks of partisan hackery with no evidence to back it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
Tripp, I think you overstate the case a bit; I just clicked on the RSP to see if the recent topics were all the same, and the top 10 threads (not including this one) were:

*What are you drinking RIGHT NOW?
*Don't get this Verichip!
*Black teenagers in Arkansas are apparently magic
*Allegation of "misogyny and objectification" in a board game.
*The Hate Update
*Should Americans be allowed to be stoned?
*On the individualism of the role of religions in people's lives
*Should Americans be allowed to stone people
*proof that gun control is impossible
*US Providing Support for Syrian Anti-Assad Forces

That seems like a reasonable mix of topics to me, and while there's a lot more P than R, and a lot more of either than S, it's still a variety.

Anyway, as for Romney, I think he's playing this one smartly. I imagine Reid is just wrong on this, if for no other reason that I don't think the GOP/Romney would have missed something glaringly obvious like "didn't pay taxes for years" when vetting the candidate. Romney knows the charge is hot air, so he can let that be the main argument against him, and reveal it to be baseless just at the right time.

Don't get me wrong, I think Romney is deceitful and a terrible choice for president, but this charge reeks of partisan hackery with no evidence to back it up.

I thinki you forget oonie thing, people only look for things they consider wrong. The GOP would not belive that tax avoidance is wrong so would fail to appriciate that others will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Golux13 wrote:
Aside from your well-known distaste for people who don't meet your standards of sufficiently conservative, do you have any reason to think Harry Reid is lying or even wrong?

I have it on good authority that Harry Reid has been a serial pederast for over three decades. I wouldn't put my trust in serial pederasts if I were you.

See, here's the difference. That kind of accusation can't just be put to bed by a release of documents. In addition, you're accusing a man of a crime, which requires the accuser (or the state) to prove its claims - whereas if Romney didn't pay taxes, there's no reason to believe that it was criminal, so the accuser is not held to the same standard. (In fact, if his returns he paid not taxes and it were not legal, I think there would be a little more official action on the issue.)

Now, if some Romney proxy came out and said, "I have spoken to unnamed registrars at Occidental College, Columbia College, and Harvard Law School, who have each told me that President Obama was a D student throughout his college and law school career," then I would expect the President to authorize the release of his transcripts to disprove the claims, or else I would be reasonably certain that he couldn't do so because it was true. (I might question the relevance, and I don't think it's true anyway; his post law school career and performance in office don't seem to reflect any deficiency of intelligence or diligence.)

But no such proxy and no such claims have come forward; there are only swirling echo-chamber insinuations - their continued survival undoubtedly based at least in part, as MGK has suggested, on the suspicion that President BLACK Obama must have benefited from BLACK affirmative action because he's BLACK.

The Romney analogy, of course, is that these claims have traction because they conform to a narrative of Romney as one of the super-rich, avoiding the burdens of supporting society that are borne by those with far lower incomes and far fewer assets. If Romney managed to get to zero (or very low) tax liability due to moving money off-shore, or clever accounting and business manipulation, or whatever, the electorate may not look very favorably on it, even (or perhaps especially) if it were perfectly legal.

It's a side show, of course, but since when has a presidential election not consisted of 10% substance and 90% distraction?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
When is RSP getting out of the Tripp rut?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
So, you guys don't want to talk about Algebra and the fact that unemployment figures can rise and the president can simultaneously claim victory?

Curt - that was some pretty funny shit man. I'd have given you a thumb but I don't usually mingle with Germans. Too bad the French people don't have the same sense of humor because they're really a lot less threatening than your lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
So, you guys don't want to talk about Algebra and the fact that unemployment figures can rise and the president can simultaneously claim victory?

Curt - that was some pretty funny shit man. I'd have given you a thumb but I don't usually mingle with Germans. Too bad the French people don't have the same sense of humor because they're really a lot less threatening than your lot.

It's been falling for the last two years, and is now almost as low as before the recesion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shell? The Oil company? What did they do?(Not that I would be surprised at anything an oil company did really)

mag74b wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

bla. bla. bla.

Since US politics are extremely boring, and the so called political discussions on RSP are seldom about politics.

I have checked the Dutch newspapers, to see what is happening in Dutch politics today.

Out of the 22 parties that wanted to participate in the upcoming national elections, one will not participate. The party in question is the IQ-party, which did not complete the terms for being able to participate in the elections.

The IQ-parties sole political point is that they want to turn back all budget cuts, and take 31 billion from Shell, since their money is blood money, gained from robbery and murder.

Now, this is at least not as boring as discussing US politics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.