Julian Delphiki
United States
Hampstead
MD
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry if this question is a re-post. I tried searching for it but couldn't seem to find it, though I do vaguely remember seeing it. Does the familiar go poof when the necro gets knocked out? This came up twice in my last game and everyone seem to agree that it was the necro's magic that was keeping it up and at 'em. So he gets knocked out, familiar goes poof and he has to re-summon. Not a huge deal as I was using Mad Carthos(sp?), who makes skills of one fatigue equal zero, but still annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udu Tont
Estonia
Tartu/Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not explicitly covered by the rules. The rules state that a familiar like reanimate is removed from the map when it is defeated. Since the rules do not explicitly state that the reanimate is removed when the "master" is defeated I assume that it remains in play. However, I would remove the familiar from the game if the necromancer is permanently killed (like in the final fight of the campaign) because the familiar is activated at the beginning or end of the controlling hero turn and presumably a permanently dead hero doesn’t get a turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reanimate runs over, and shakes the unconsious body of it's master, and says "Mommy?!?!",
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple Paladin wrote:
The reanimate runs over, and shakes the unconsious body of it's master, and says "Mommy?!?!",

If he is dead and his ghoul is to make his mistress undead then he would probably say "Mummy". Sorry, I was liching to say that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newby
England
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haha... like it! Puntastic.

Or as Will Smith is wont to say "Aw, hell no"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cruickshanks
Norway
flag msg tools
Zzzz
badge
Chaos Incarnate
mbmbmbmbmb
juliandelphiki wrote:
Does the familiar go poof when the necro gets knocked out?

I'd say a definite no.

Rules explicitly state that the reanimate gets a turn on the controlling hero's turn, before or after. There are no exceptions listed. If the controlling hero is knocked out he still has his turn (he stands up), and the reanimate should be activated as normal.

I agree on the final quest though. The controlling hero has no turn, thus the reanimate has no turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.