Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Whittemore
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played through a session where the Germans won on turn 6 via sudden death. Reading through the "Player's Notes" for the Soviets (to get some ideas of how to stop the gray tide) I came across this which makes me question my understanding of the rules a bit:

Quote:
"Counterblow attacks" can be very effective in the first winter, where you have lots of "Shock" markers to use

It is my understanding that shock markers are only used by the attacker. Is a Soviet counterblow (e.g. a German mandatory attack on a Soviet unit due to a counterblow marker being there) considered a Soviet attack for purposes of using a shock marker even though the Germans are the ones attacking?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, but id the counterblow is turning into a CA, then the Soviets can use eir Shock markers in the counter-attack.

Say, what version of the rules are you using, 1st or 2nd?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Whittemore
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

licinius wrote:
Say, what version of the rules are you using, 1st or 2nd?

I'm using the 2nd edition rules. The quote is in both, but only in the "Player's Notes" section of the scenario book. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.